hi

hi

Thursday, November 15, 2007

violet? what happened to purple?

What a bummer. Went all the way in for the evening Comic Club meeting only for it to be Jim, Taylor and I. Then fifteen minutes in a class came in and consumed our classroom (no class is supposed to be in that room at the time). We moved to the Foundation room (for general Foundation people usage) and that lasted less before a group came in. Taylor took off and me and Jim hung about. We tried to listen to the lecture but the woman was really stale so we went to the library and arbitrarily flipped through magazines and chatted. At about 8 we parted ways. It was starting to mist as I came back, no so bad but not so great.

I just finished watched Y Tu Mama Tambien. A lot better than I expected it to be (I was just watching it for that scene). A good portrayal about the power of friendships. I really liked the narration that would pop up and explain the back story/future story of events surrounding them. Not for everybody, but gosh Gael Garcia Bernal is bee-yoo-tee-full.

Digital Tools was spent with more piecing together a scene in photoshop. I like mine but it seems, I dunno...not the best way to learn photoshop. I'm just sort of learning one little aspect of it. I'll see how it goes.

Drawing was spent in part drawing textures and the other part doing crosshatch on a paper bag. I didn't get my bag finished but I am very proud of what I have accomplished.

I didn't get my bag finished because I had my review with Arvie. He complimented my work and liked the confidence in my lines. We also chatted about what to expect in his painting class. He suggested I play around with acrylics and get instructed on how to build a canvas stretcher. Thingie. Yeah. When it comes to building, I had to call the man.

Dad said to figure out what type of wood I would need and the lengths and types of the materials and he would help me make them when I visit home. He is awesome like that.

Also I didn't get my bag finished because lunch(and part of class) was spent taking the math exemption exam. Some stuff I was absolutely clueless on but I did have a good knack for the things Robertson taught me. Overall I think I am right around the point for passing. I tried everything and did lots of work.

Swung by Trader Joe's to get snacks for the Comic Club meeting. Rode home, switched my pants as I had forgot to put a bag on my seat and my toosh was wet. Then I went back to school to work on my color wheel. Got it all finished with some minor neatness issues (darn glue). Will have to put in some time Saturday or Sunday to finish up the value scale. Dang nabbit. Oh well.

Off to Seattle tomorrow morning. Bright and early.

No comments: