hi

hi

Monday, November 19, 2007

of moss and burgers

Yesterday:
Didn't really sleep in and actually got a pretty good start on my day.

I got a good recommendation for The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall (Llyw called the first few chapters badass) so I made a journey to Powell's to see if they had a copy for sale. They didn't have a blue edition (what I wanted) for sale, only a red one. It was six dollars cheaper so whoo!! Then I remembered I was in Powell's and got distracted for about two hours. Looked at the new Post Secret book and picked up a couple Christmas presents. I sat in the coffee shop for a while eating a cupcake and sipping a caramel steamer, then I trekked to PNCA.

I was at PNCA to work on my value/saturation chart and I had all my stuff except for the all ready completed pieces of value/saturation. So I packed up my things and went home.

Going to Powell's, PNCA and back from PNCA I managed to catch the streetcar in really good time. It was raining a bit but I was rocking the matching umbrella/bag and overall well assembled outfit. I rarely walk and now I notice the things I miss when I bike. Namely people. There are many great and interesting looking people abound including a woman who resembled Marsha from Spaced. She was awesome.

Completed my value/saturation piece with plenty of time to spare. Looks pretty cool except for some glue smudges. Bah! Oh well.

I was really crushed when I found out my dear daddums won't be home during Thanksgiving. I really wanted to see him and build some canvases and get down some of his stories for a zine. Love his stories. Specially the one about the octopus and the pirate clown. It won't be as fun and I miss his cooking (though I might give him a run for his job when it comes to cooking scrambled eggs).

Today:
I took a nap during Art History's break and my leg hurting woke me up. When I woke up I noticed I had missed four slides. Dang!! Next semester Art History is at 11 so that is really really good.

Got another lecture about complimentary color schemes in 2D design. So is it spelled anagulous or analogous...analogous. I dunno. Tricky word and spellcheck never has it. The quicky "which color wheel/value/saturation do you like" critique went in my favor when it came to my designs.

She let us out for lunch early so I grabbed some Quizno's Sammies and intended to read The Raw Shark Texts. I never got around to it and mostly chatted with people. A band preformed on the dock outside 3D and I listened to them a little. Sort of the same stuff I heard back home; not really my taste. They did have energy.

The rest of class was spent coming up with a design for our color scheme assignment. I'm going to do something with an octopus.

My comic page is more than half sketched out. It isn't that hard to draw all the panels (I'm getting good at it! whoo!) and it is planned out really nice. There are 20-25 panels squeezed into a 8 1/2"x11" paper. Nice! Also chatted muchly with Diana about shared Japan memories (Did you go to Bikuri Donkey? YEAH BIKURI DONKEY!). Diana returned my Sandman: Endless Nights and it was passed around muchly by people needing alternate panel examples. The Delirium and Despair sections are some of the best examples. Go Gaiman!

I had to swing by Safeway to get some cash for laundry and power bill. Had to buy something to get cashback so I go some Ling Ling's Pot Stickers. Yeeaaah!!

No Prison Break tonight, is it because of the strike or is it cancelled? Boo! Heroes will be on and that is great. Yeaah!

No comments: