hi

hi

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

French + Pearl

I met with Pearl, the official advising lady who is really allergic to scent, to discuss my schedule. She told me that the Beginning Painting class I signed up for would be an elective because the painting class I really was supposed to take was the painting technique for illustrators class, which I am signed up for. So I switched the elective around for something else, a literature seminar! It is a 300 level too, as I have met all prior English requirements. So on Friday mornings I will be attending Illuminated Manuscripts. Cool huh?

Almost up to the required 30 images in Digital Tools. Very slow going and tedious. Mel was working in the Cage and so we chatted while I stirred my yogurt. I didn't remember that fruit was at the bottom of yogurt and thought there was something wrong with it. It turned out fine. While working on my project I had a loop of Aqua and Smashing Pumpkins playing, for the rest of the day Aqua won out as being stuck in my head.

We did a quick critique of our bags (mine was largely incomplete and I still don't know if I passed math) and drew a skeleton set-up.

Tess, Mollie, and I originally intended to go to Cha! Cha! Cha! for lunch but the line was long so we swung by Hot Lips. I got a tasy Calzone, some nummy breadsticks and a home-brewed Apple Soda.

All day they were giving out free haircuts. I put my name on the list and they got to me right at the end of lunch. I was a little late to Arvie's and didn't finish my skeleton, but most people didn't come anywhere near to being finished. My hair is really cute, I can't wait to fluff it up and show it off.

Mel, Eva, Mollie, Danny, Tess and Sarah all got haircuts. Mollie didn't have enough time for them to shave a design into her head though, bummer. Oh! Darya also got a haircut and she had time for them to cut a party hat into the side of it.

Talked to Pearl, OKed it with Martin and filled out the forms so my classes should change in the next few days. I will still probably need to know how to make canvases.

I managed to get on the ball pretty early in regards to finishing up my comic. Got it all sketched and inked before 10:30! I'm not done coloring it but I will have time tomorrow to do so. I'm only using four colors to fill it in (orange, yellow, green, blue) and thus far it really pops. Might have to fill in the borders with black.

Mollie wanted an octopus for her head and asked Danny to draw her one and it ended up being more like a squid so I drew a PROPER octopus.

The wheely bag I have to take home is MASSIVE and I would have to check it so to reduce the stress of the train I am borrowing Brandon's duffel. I'm not done packing (haven't really started). I just need some pants shirts hoodies and other fashionables. And some books and snacks for the train. And art supplies (one lunchbox full plus paper).

Now to pack! I have to walk in to school today. Buh! So that is catch the shuttle at 10:20 so leave the room at 10:15 so that is get up at 9:00 so alarm goes off at 8:30. I don't like it how sleeping in doesn't seem like sleeping in when you look at the time your alarm goes off.

No comments: