hi

hi

Sunday, November 18, 2007

sugar

I went to sleep with what should have been a 9 hour sleeping window but the boys in 410 kept me up till 3:00am, which was when Lindsay was awoken by their partying and gave them a talking to. Even though we talked to them we are still going to file a noise complaint. We PNCA students have started to behave ourselves, PSU should do the same. Sodding drunks.

Didn't have much fun making up my day of work. It was pouring when I rode in so the bottom half of my pants were soaked for the first half of my shift and my shoes are probably still drying now. Felt so good to change out of them when I got home. Came close to being literally sopping wet. Showed up to find the supply closet locked. I ate my breakfast and when the rain subsided I walked down to PNCA and got the nice desk clerk to open the closet for me. Had a really slow slow start. I was cold and tired and really just wanted to go home and come back and lie about working five hours. But I stuck around. Things perked up once I made a candy run. But still, uhg I'm not really fond of my job. The only perk is meeting all the studio people, some of whom are really nice and make conversation with me. It's good to be a familiar face in an art school.

Returned the videos I checked out last Saturday and checked out Alice and Gummo. Gotta have something to watch while I'm a slave to the arts tomorrow.

Matt had invited me out to see No Country for Old Men tonight. He bought advance tickets of all of us (all of us being Matt, Andy, Michael, Craig, Nicole and myself) for the 7:30 showing (I have paid him back already) which was sold out when I showed up at 7:00. All the showings up till late at night were sold out, which makes sense because No Country for Old Men is without a doubt one of the best movies I have seen in years. Every scene is shot perfectly, the silence that isn't silence audio really nailed some of the scenes home. The scene in the hotel room where Llewelyn Moss is waiting for Chigurh after he found the tracer and you hear Chigurh step back when Llewelyn cocks the shotgun and he steps back and you hear the unscrewing of the light bulb and the light goes out. AMAZING! That scene tried so many of my nerves. Brilliant brilliant brilliant. Every performance was right on and just wow. The Coen brothers are amazing, how do they keep doing it? I strongly recommend this movie for everyone. It is a little violent at times but it is a work of art.

Then I went home.

No comments: