hi

hi

Friday, October 19, 2007

I have the key, I have the power

My keychain is always expanding. Now I have a little key that opens up the paper towel dispenser AND the toilet paper. Booyah! I also have a card that gets me into the studio building. The training with Robert was pretty brief. He just showed me around and told me to sweep, mop, clean and change things out. Not much too it. Simple job; just time consuming. The wind brought in a lot of leaves so I swept those up. Only one soap needed replenishing, I added some toilet paper but none of the towels were out. Mopping was a challenge, never had to use the mop before. The David Sedaris story comes to mind about how mopping doesn't clean anything and how you have to actually scrub the floor. Also the water gets grungey because of the mop. Need one of those swiffer mops, this thing is just useless. I wish I could have cleaned all the windows, I loved cleaning the windows at the library.

Craig, Mia, Andy, Esteban and Pete were all in the studios today so we were all "hey" to each other. I will get to meet a lot of the higher up artists through this job. And if I don't meet them I will at least see their artwork as I sweep the hallways.

One of the MFA students was working on a project with hay. Had to clean up that mess.

Doing the full job took four and a half hours. The last was spent touching up. Maybe I will get faster at it but it is just time consuming.

Brynne and Dan came into town right as I was finishing. I rode home and dropped my bike off and walked down the the Starbucks on Park street and met up with them. They didn't look out of towney at all, they could have been the Portlanders and me the new comer! We drove into the Pearl District and had Hot Lips for dinner (yay more pizza). Well at least Hot Lips is point at the slice and they heat it up for you and bam, 2 minute meal. Tea Zone would have been about 20 minutes for food and all that. I gave them a brief tour of PNCA and we parted ways. Not a lengthy visit but a visit none the less. Hopefully they will stop by tomorrow during the comic challenge (which is not about comedy) and we can talk more.

Delicatessen was playing first at the movie night. More brilliant than the first time I saw it. Just a beautiful movie, the colors and shots are so well done. Going to art school is really making me appreciate/notice the flaws in movies more. Jean-Pierre Jeunet has no flaws. Pi took me a little longer to get into but it was so brilliant in the end. Trepanation/Trepanning as a way to get the word and name of God out of your head? Woaaah!

The streetcar was 25 minutes away so Sean and I walked back. It was raining softly so I got a little chilled but I had my thick coat so it balanced out. Next to the Hajime Yoshio poster near Anthropologie is a poster designed by Cho-Chan. Digmeout 2006, huzzah!

I am now stocked on snacks/fruits/drinks/yogurt raisins for the 24 Hour Comic Challenge.

No comments: