hi

hi

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Arvie Smith's Workout Scarf©

So in drawing we started out doing gesture drawings and we posed for each other. Some people were shy and didn't want to get up there. We didn't even have to stand still, just had to keep a body part in the same position as a reference. I went after Arvie who had wowed us with waving a scarf around and doing all sorts of large movements. I got up quite simply, sat down, and placed my right hand on the platform. Then I laid on my back and stuck my legs in the air and waved them about, did some bike pedaling and general balance things. Then I rotated and sort of moved around my hand a little. The last thirty seconds were spent in a back arch, my other hand holding my shirt up so I didn't you know...embarrass myself after all that flopping around. I had a headache but it was lots of fun and worth it.

After the gestures we drew chairs for two hours. Uhg. Hate to think that the chair is probably the more beneficial of the drawing practices.

I didn't get much sleep so I was dead all day. Digital tools was torture trying to stay awake and focus on the texture project. At least it is finally done. Not so psyched about it but far better than the photoshop assignments Sean is getting in Slappe's class. I acted out the letters of my costume for Jim (after I had whispered to Karen and..ohh shoot I forget her name, she has an awesome mermaid tattoo) and he didn't really get it. Ended up telling him anyway. The little acting out gave me some pep for the day.

During lunch I met up with this maintenance guy in his tiny little hidden office, filled out the paper work and got my work study and hours all sorted out. Starting Friday, 12-5, I am a custodian for the PNCA studios. That is right: I have a job. I will only be working five hours a week, so it isn't enough for me to do it on my own. But it is a start and now I won't have to feel too guilty about spending a little payola on comics. Won't go crazy but it is nice to have some leeway.

There was some construction blocking my route home on 13th so I looped down around it. Another bicyclist was taking my same looping route. He was a cute ginger. Tee hee.

Was dead when I got home. Blah. So tired. Lounged around, ate some ravioli and hung out with Sean and ate popcorn and Trader Joe's "oreos" while watching Transformers. That movie is so LONG, dang. Good effects sure but really long, not well balanced, the color is off on the people and really fatiguing to watch.

I got the confirmation that I am in for the 24 Hour Comic Challenge. Sean registered as well, not sure if he got in. Should email Matt, Craig and Andy and remind them to register. Hmmn.

No comments: