hi

hi

Thursday, August 30, 2007

rarr! manly!

Just got back from a very manly night of watching 300. Just sort of hung out with Matt, Chris, Kendra, Rob and for a shorter time Sean and Bryan (formally Brian, found out I was spelling his name wrong. Oops.) They put their couch onto their porch/balcony/walkway (on the first floor, all the rooms have sliding glass doors opening into a walkway which doubles as a semi-porch) and we sat about. Most people were tired, last few days to stay up and sleep in and this was the first day where we were expected to be somewhere. Course they switched the orientation around so we were starting at noon, so that isn't a big expectation for someone.

The orientation was a sort of bummer. I walked there with Rebeccah (Rebekka? Rebecah? I dunno), Allison, and Grace. Not such a bad walk, you can walk to PNCA in less time than it takes to drive to OC. It was hot, very hot. It brings back memories from last summer of working in the 3D building with no A/C. Brutal but brilliant. I got there right on time, they handed out some pamphlets and talked about generic stuff that I could have all ready figured out from all the information they have given us before. We all introduced ourselves, said where we are from, and recommended a movie. I suggested Jean-Pierre Jeunet's Delicatessen, which got a "yeah!" from Jax. There's easily 10 people from Washington, and two girls from Silverdale. No other state seemed to represent as much as Washington. Then they had us talk to our roommates over this pamphlet we filled out, mine wasn't there (working) so I talked to Mollie from Alaska and the Silverdale chickas.

Then we had the option of getting our ID cards early, instead of waiting in longer lines over the next two days. They did it in Photobooth on a mac and let us choose our own photos. My hair has a cute flip to it in my photo. As I was signing it, my pen slipped so my signature is sort of fudged. Looking at my ID photo makes me think, "Golly, when did I get mature?" Everyone was tired so a consensus formed that it was nap time. I picked up a bulletin board and a white board and caught the streetcar.

Chatted with roomie, watched the last of Series Three of Doctor Who, ate some hot dogs and meandered my way down to Chris and Matt's for the evening hang-out. Oh shoot I left my vegetable oil in their room. Oh well I'll pick it up tomorrow.

No comments: