hi

hi

Thursday, August 30, 2007

dull dull dull

Man the second orientation was just a longer and more boring version of the first. Blah blah this is your time, blah blah make of it what you will, blah blah you guys are the biggest group EVER (190!). I hope tomorrow is better, or else I'll feel I just wasted that time. Did win a gift certificate for Yo's cart and got a free tote and some ice cream at the end, but it wasn't worth it.

Met a guy named Israel who looks like Rich Hall and a girl who had nerdy parents liked mine but named her Leia instead. People had props for their student ID cards. One person had a fake knitted beard that she wore, that was pretty cool.

Saw Karen, a friend from Bremerton. We took driver's ed together and years later we were in ballroom dancing together. She dyed her hair a nice dark color and looks fabulous! She has an apartment, would be cool if she was in the dorms but no such luck as they are full.

So I guess meeting Karen was a cool thing. Also ran into Liam, who I met last year (he hasn't changed a bit) and joked around abit about thinking Daniel Duford as Mark Wahlberg to be less intimidated by him. Speaking of professors, I met Kurt D. Holloman, who looks a little grayer up top but remembered me with gusto, which was awesome. He remarked about his drawing of me in his sketchbook (less the creepy than it sounds: we were open air drawing and I sat down in the middle of his scene so I ended up being included) and later I remembered that I was wearing the same shirt as I was the day of the drawing so that probably helped jog his memory a little. Hanna from last summer is attending PNCA, along with Joey. Only got to chat her up a little but that was pretty cool. Nice to see familiar faces. Sort of boggling my mind that in a months time I have no idea what my relationship with any of these people could evolve into.

But uhg, orientation was lame. One more to go to, yaaay. A warm up for waking up way too early.

Went to Safeway to get ingredients to make Banana Bread because I felt like baking and using my new (second hand) Betty Crocker. $20 dollars of ingredients to make one loaf! Yaay! Well had to buy a bunch because I'm building up my cabinets from scratch. If it is tasty (haven't tried it yet) might make a second for the Pot Luck on Saturday.

Batman tomorrow! Whoo! So exciting.

No comments: