hi

hi

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

joey!

At Kendra's dinner party-esque shindig I came face to face with Joey as he walked through the door. Joey! From last summer at PNCA. San Fransisco Joey. It was pretty "holy cow! you!"

Since the nicer camera came from the parents today I went out and snapped photos. I showed up at Mike & Brian's at 1pm and Brian was just rolling out of bed. He gave it a pass and Mike, Sean (who came a knocking on the door), and I went out to take pictures of the city. We started off on a search for Portlandia. We went the wrong way for a while, but looped back easily enough. Sort of odd how anyone could miss a huge crouching woman like that. There was a rumbly in our tumblies and we found our way to Pioneer Courthouse Square where there are lots of foodcarts. We opted for the Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich Guy, who was fun to talk to even though he hated mayonnaise. The sandwiches took a while (made fresh) but were worth it. The Cheesesteak Guy told us that they were playing Batman in the Square at dusk on Friday, so we are totally going to see that, not sure who "we" is yet but plenty of people seem up for it. Sean had to pick up his GI bill from PNCA so we headed off.

PNCA is in the middle of cleaning/setting up. There is some art around, nothing huge. Walking around the halls once more, so familiar but I have the feeling I will be sick of it in a few years. All the more reason to study abroad.

Sean split to deposit his paycheck, so we headed back to hang out and draw. We didn't get to drawing right away as Mike played Matthew Barney's Cremaster 3 on his laptop. I got to sketching and inked about half of a lady floating about with tubing. I just finished inking it a few minutes ago.

At 7:15 we headed up to Kendra's place in the tower for a shindig for all the PNCA people we've met thus far. I wore my wig for some daft reason, I guess to make an impression? Maybe I should have waited to break out the wig. Oh well. It was itchy and I took it off and then Mike put it on. Then took it off. I mingled and chatted, put the effort into learning names of people that don't even go to PNCA. Saw Joey, and the two I met in the elevator the day before. All in all I'd say there was 18-22 people, thankfully we live in dorms that can handle that. I left about 10:30, even though things were still going.

Like I said earlier I stayed up and inked the image and now it is time for beddy-bye. Orientations start tomorrow. Huzzah!

No comments: