hi

hi

Monday, August 27, 2007

legs



Whoo! Ice skating! My ankles hurt, my knees hurt, and I am generally sore. But I feel GREAT! Fun to try new things, fun to meet new people. And that is what I have been doing. New PNCA people popping up all over the place.

Went out with Brian and Mike to the ice rink at Lloyd Center, we tried rounding up more people but they weren't up for it. Walked to the free zone for the Max and we got there just in time, no waiting. I was worried that the rink might be occupied by classes and what-not, you know little kids flailing about and falling, but it was open for everyone. The lady behind the counter sort of pestered Mike, saying, "you aren't going to pay for her?" Hee hee. We got our skates and put our shoes into locker number 42. We all were stuck with figure skates, something Mike wasn't familiar with. Well I wasn't stuck with them, seeing as how the last time I skated was in Scotland and I have a faint memory of me screaming and dad forcing me out on the ice, in the way that dads to. Happily, I only fell about four, five times. The first time was when I scratched up my knee, the times after that were to avoid people who suddenly decided it would be a good idea to stop. The scratches weren't so bad, they only started dripping blood when they got wet from another fall. I came to a sudden stop against the wall and this lady laughed at me and later on when I got off the rink to tend to the dripping blood from my knee the same lady apologized for laughing at me.

We stopped skating for the Zamboni to do its work, and had one last skate and then we trekked up to the food court. My trek was wobbly, my ankles hurt so bad. I really do not know how to skate upright. Mike and I had Steamers, Brian had a lemonade from the humiliating Hot Dog on a Stick. We decided to return to Goose Hollow, and again we just caught the max. A man ranted about Mexicans not even speaking their own language.

Mike had heard/read/telepathically picked up that there was free, open life drawing at PNCA at 6:30 and I tagged along. We walked the 20+ blocks to PNCA only to find out that the school closes down at 6:00pm on Sunday, so no life drawing. The trip wasn't a total loss, I introduced Mike to the wonder that is Tea Zone and we sat and sipped matching Purple Mountain's Majesty iced teas while waiting for the streetcar to arrive. Easy, quick trip back.

Running into Brian when we got to the dorms, he said that a few of the other PNCA people were going to the Italian festival going on in the Pioneer Courthouse Square and so we joined them. Keeping with the theme that nothing happens late night on Sunday (see: figure drawing) we got there and the Italian festival was shutting down. Bummer. So we decided to just hang out for the rest of the night in the dorms.

It was a fun day and I was exhausted as I finally got into bed. So great down here. Eight days till school starts.

No comments: