hi

hi

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Oww My Butt


All my shelving units are constructed and arranged just so. Book shelves mostly full, will be completely full once I get a copy of Betty Crocker. All that is left to put away are my gew-gaws, clothes, and the two boxes of manga. Pretty good considering I arrived about 24 hours ago. It really did look like more stuff than it was.
Ibanez, my roomies cat, is so loveable. Gets up in my lap and rolls about, even slept with me for a part of last night. Good to have company, Basil would just freak out.
I didn't get into bed till about 1 am, and even though I am extremely tired, it still took me a while to get to sleep. I woke up at about 5:30 am to the garbage truck, and dozed off for a few more hours.

My parents showed up right as I was getting out of bed at 8:30. They helped with the rest of my shelves and some of my odds and ends. They were hot-to-trot so I skipped breakfast and went bike riding with them. We drove the RV over to OMSI and headed off on this bike trail that follows the Willamette River and crosses it at the Sellwood Bridge. By the time we got to the bridge my tookus was hurting. The path was nice until it disappeared in the city and we just made our way around untill we got to the Waterfront Park. We took a break and ate some ice cream and decided to visit PNCA. Going through the city was difficult, but we got their eventually. I was really tired, hungry, and frustrated by this point and after PNCA I split from my parents to go back to Goose Hollow. I got a little lost around 18th and Burnside, but I found my way to the bike lane on 13th, crossed Jefferson and made it back in one sweaty, tired, bum-hurting mess. I took a second shower and felt much better after. For lunch I had a glass of orange juice, an apple, and a serving of rice from my cute little ricer cooker (thank you Auntie Celia!). Not much, but I'm sure I will nosh as the day goes on.

Now to finish unpacking! Or maybe think about finishing unpacking while I eat cookies and massage my rear.

2 comments:

Kirie said...

Trilly,

You really have to put mark on your contact list. mark@markrose.org - he would appreciate your yiddishisms such as "toofus" and "nosh." You have a good ability to describe what's going on. Why were you frustrated on the bike ride? Did you ride down there separately from your parents?

Anonymous said...

Trill,
Love your writing style and keeping up with your days and observations through this blog. Keep it up! Lotsa love, mom