hi

hi

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

cookie brick

My cookies have melted together a little. Now I have to eat them in a three cookie thick cookie block.

The parents have returned home, I'm on my own now. We went to the Lloyd Center for some last minute shopping before they departed. Got some towels, a cable for my TV, some a-brays, and an employment application. I don't really want to get a job just yet but it is best to start early. I will be bored in a few days anyway, I don't know anyone around here and the roomie is gone working often. Well, should take this time to relax because in 13 days it will be CRAZY.

Put away all my clothes, all so neat and tidy and well organised.

Took a walk to Powell's, all by foot going there (if the wait is longer than three minutes for the streetcar, don't bother) and the streetcar back. Got Betty Crocker for cheap, $4.95, hopefully it wasn't priced down that much because there are typos rampant through the ingredient lists. 11 2 cups of butter to make cookies? All right, if Betty says so. Picked up The Sandman: The Dream Hunters from the slightly improved graphic novel section. Still the alphabetical by author, all genres and publishers mashed together mess it was last time, but it has moved to the wall and has grown in size so it is a larger mess. Not good for browsing, really crammed together. Buying comics at Powell's, you have to know what you want and who wrote it. Oh well, not like I will be going there for my comic needs anyway. For such an amazing store, I wonder why their comic section sort of fails? Well sometimes you can find a gem or two. Just have to have the patience to browse through a rather unbrowseable section (the floor is uncomfortable, not good to sit and read on).

I have a table cloth over my book shelve, to prevent the top books from getting faded due to being in front of the window. I would move some of them, but most of the top shelve is over sized and won't fit below. Plus having pretentious 1930's and 1940's editions of classics is only faux-impressive if people notice them, and they won't be noticed if they are on the bottom shelve.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmmmm... cookie bricks.
I like it when you find them after the chocolate has re-cooled together but before that icky white chocolate sweat has formed.