hi

hi

Thursday, August 23, 2007

like a big girl!

First day on my own. Went pretty well. Ate mush, eggs, and orange juice for breakfast. Lounged about and then decided on my venture for the day. Decided on: comics, Lloyd Center, and groceries.

I caught the max that is a few block from where I am, in the fareless square. I waited a long time for the crosswalk to change and it never did, so I said to the lady I was waiting with "I'm just going to break the law!" and walked to the other side of the road. I'm such a badass. Got on the max without a ticket (didn't have time to get one) but I wasn't caught so whew! Rode it to Skidmore Fountain, where I got off and walked down Couch (pronounced "cooch") street towards 5th. Between 3rd and 4th some construction workers whistled at me.

Arrived at Floating World Comics and was delighted by it. The store owner, Jason, was darling, the selection was great, and I'm getting a discount! Picked up Black Summer #2, Doktor Sleepless #1, and Vasilis Lolos' Last Call v.1. Also bought this. I'm glad this is my new comic haunt, Bridge City Comics is massive and may have a more rounded selection, but this place has more charm. Also a nice selection of indie and local comics. Some day, I hope to have my work on its shelves.

Done with reestablishing my comic issues subscriptions (I don't have that many, don't worry mom I won't go broke buying them) I headed back to max to go to Lloyd Center. The construction workers were gone this time around. The mall is so big, three stories! Walking around nothing really sparked my interest so I just headed up to the food court for lunch. Grabbed that Subway cheapo sandwich of the day deal, ate it, and headed back to the max. Had to wait about 15 minutes for it to show up, and when I got on some guy was fighting with what sounded like his babymamma on the phone. Stuff about her "laying on her back" "not taking care of my son" and the like, he was sort of loud and all the people around him were so forcibly trying not to stare (or laugh). I got off on the last stop in fareless square, which was still a distance to walk in my sandals. I opted to go home and relax instead of getting groceries on the way back.

Relaxing was good. Very good. Watched Doctor Who with Ibanez.

Grocery shopping was fun, got some munchins. Rather exciting to be doing things out on my own. All ready I am all about the savings and deals. Next stop: coupon city! I have veggies and meat and protein and eggs and tasty liquids. I met another PNCA chicka as I entered the dorms, shes two floors below for some reason (they really should stick us all together, make things easier). Didn't catch her name, but we'll know each other soon enough.

Put away groceries, put away dishes, and now I'm relaxing again. Ahhh!

2 comments:

eyepatchless said...

Dude, your comic store sounds awesome. I want one! We don't have any good comic stores around here. The only comic store I liked was the one Kara and I went to while we were in Atlanta for the Diru concert.

Yay! It sounds like you're having fun in Portland.

Kirie said...

Tril, darling, it is great to read your blog and hear the details of what you are doing! You really convey that feeling of one's first day in a new city for college.