hi

hi

Monday, August 20, 2007

M-m-m-moving in!


I am in Portland safe and sound.

Due to the rain we (mom, dad and Nathan) decided to take the RV instead of the truck. We didn't leave until about 1pm, I had more to pack that I thought. The trip down was nice, I watched Spaced and about an hour of Scary Movie 4. We didn't have horrible traffic for most of the the drive, only the last mile was when it came to a standstill and even then it only lasted a few minutes. It was also a few minutes just 50 feet away from where we needed to turn, but the light would only stay green long enough for one car to get through. We got a sweet parking spot right in front of Goose Hollow and I signed myself in and got my key.

My dorm room turned out to be ever so slightly different from the one they showed me before. My roommate took the larger room, but now that I have arranged things my room is rather cozy. Also she has to share her room with a cat so I'm fine with her taking the larger. The vanity table is in the bathroom, instead of being out of it like in the show room. Oh well, I don't spend much time in front of the mirror anyway. I have a nice view of the power plant.

After four trips with all four of us carrying/carting boxes from the RV to my room on the third floor we finally got all my things into the room. It looks like more stuff than I (hope) it really is.

Dad stubbed his toe nail on the metal carty-thingy and it bled quite profusely.

After bringing it all to my room and tending to daddum's toe we decided to go out for dinner. Lindsay recommended Ole Ole and the West Cafe. So we reparked the RV and walked across the bridge in search of food. Ole Ole was a little pubish so we walked on and ate at West Cafe. I had this Granny Smith Apple and Grilled Chicken salad that was delicious! So crunchy and flavourful. We all were quite pleased with the quality and quantity of the food (considerably more tasty than some of the self-absorbed gourmet places I've been, and about $5 cheaper). For me, a good restaurant will give you just the right amount of food. Sure a take home box is good but half the time I neglect it and end up having to throw out the left-overs.

Next was Safeway, to get me started on meals. Portland is so walkable. The only hill is by my dorm, after that it is no problem.
We returned and started unpacking. Nate got my Internet up and running. Right now I have my nicer shelving units under my window, my bed is all made up, my TV is on my desk, my kitchenware is mostly unpacked, and my food is put away.

Need to start on my books, clothes and the rest of my dishes.

Trillian has forgotten/left behind:
TV Remote
Her Super-Scientific Calender
Hair Straightener
Hair Dryer
and the rest of her a-brays.

1 comment:

Kirie said...

Hi Trilli,

When Jetti went to college in Phoenix, her roommate appropriated the larger room too! So the rooms they show you as "show rooms" aren't like the ones you actually end up living in?