hi

hi

Friday, August 24, 2007

trill ♥'s tea zone

I'm setting goals(or just general things to do) to revolve my days around. Today's was to eat lunch at Tea Zone. The Tea Zone is on 11th and Glisan and I decided to walk it which is about 19 blocks, but when you are strolling with no time limit it ain't not no big deal. Tea was just my end goal and seeing as how I planned to walk along 10th and 11th I had the opportunity to go into the stores I pass when I am on the streetcar. Which I did!

The first detour was the Multnomah County Library, which was very beautiful. I looked at a book of Victorian art while cooling down. There was a queue of people waiting to use the Internet, I wonder how long they had been waiting. The library had awesome marble (I think they were marble, they were really shiney and massive) stairs that go up and split in both directions up, left and right. Really majestic. All the library people were sweet, as Portland peoples typically are.

I stopped in at Big & Little Finnegan's. Big Finnegan's had lots of cool kids toys, some soft plush animals, and an awesome Playmobil collection. I loved this one the most, I really wish they had this one though. Little Finnegan's just had the same stuff you would find at Archie McPhee, boxed novelties.

Circling the block it was on, thinking I missed it, it became apparent that the Red Light that was near Powell's closed down, so I just went into Buffalo Exchange instead. Not much there, but what I did find was really cute: a stripey tee and a short sleeved bright yellow hoodie. Yay for second hand, discount style.

The Tea Zone was lovely, everyone was keen to ask if I was being served as soon as they saw me. Had a turkey panini with this berry jelly that is sweet and tasty, and this honey lemon iced tea that has a wonderful aftertaste. The panini from there has always been the perfect amount of food for me.

Then I began the trek home. I didn't stop in anywhere, just took in the sights. Sights such as the quartet of young male shirtless bicyclists who whizzed by me on the side walk. My iced tea took me all the way home. I did my first load of laundry, met another PNCA person, and read The Last Call.

My day started slow, I was feeling under the weather as I woke up tired (yet again) but it really perked up as I started walking about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so they have buffalo exchange outside of san diego! for some reason I thought it was just a local store. how strange. but yes, I love that place! a little pricier than most second-hand stores, but much better quality, IMO.

that description of your lunch made me hungry. hungry, and it's two o'clock in the morning.
oh god.