hi

hi

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

props

Breaking news: Trillian tries huckleberry pancakes and enjoys them! Dad made them for breakfast, and chided me for being picky, so I consumed the long avoided breakfast food and found it scrumptious.

Heather and Daniel met my parents and everyone seemed to get on well. Lots of great conversations about travel and family and garages and art and other things. After breakfast, they were shown around the property and we walked down into the valley. Holly followed and had a good time of it. The creek runs dry in the summer. I like showing people the Seabeck house. It has a lot of cool stuff, and the surrounding area is nice. It is a bit hectic and eclectic, but that adds to the charm. We sent H & D on their way with some rhubarb and drinks, and then I packed up.

Time ran short, so I was driven to the airport. Probably the last time that will happen. Airporter from now on, hhaha. There was the fear of traffic, but that was unfounded. I arrived two hours before my flight, but got my boarding pass, bag checked, and was through security in about 10 minutes. And my gate was right there...so for an hour and a half I relaxed. Ate some fish & chips. Logged onto the airport Wifi.

The planes I flew today were both prop engine smaller planes, and I loved that! And being smaller, I got on and off really easily. I read my book, looked out the window, enjoyed the complimentary beverages. I had a 50 minute transfer in Portland, but the gate I had to take was a couple over from where I came off the Seattle flight, and again was left with a bunch of time. I got some candy and logged onto Wifi again. The flight to San Jose was an hour and a half, and the first flight was barely over 30 minutes. So quick!

Arrived in SJ, got my checked box of stuff, got on a shuttle, got to my car, paid for parking, and drove southward to Santa Cruz. Easy drive. My Christmas Tetris shelves are now set up in a tower on my bedside table. They look quite cool with their assorted nick knacks in them.

Long day, time to rest because it is back to work tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a good, but short, visit.