hi

hi

Monday, August 20, 2012

Cherish & Isaiah

Tucked into bed after a lovely day.

The wedding was lovely. The venue was pretty and nicely staged. The company was excellent. The food was divine and plentiful. Ah nice.

I arrived about 15 minutes late (due to much traffic in downtown), but people were still being seated when I arrived, so all was well after a bit of driving stress. I sat with Daniel, Heather, Danielle, Jared, and Jason. The latter two being the boyfriends of Danielle and Sandra (who was a bridesmaid) respectively. There were four long tables set up, with the aisle between the middle two. The ceremony was surprisingly religious, but I think there is a lot of religion on the two sides of the family. Their vows were really cute. Nerdy, but cute. Cherish looked gorgeous. Her dress had so many nice details and she had a veil and all this great stuff. Isaiah had a great mustache and a bowtie. Really lovely. I didn't take any pictures, because I was a bit far away and I figured the wedding photographer would do a better job anyway. I did do some sketches, so I have that. Had a couple brewskies. Gorged myself on salmon, chicken, gnocchi, bread, beans, salad, and rice. Yum. It was a buffet style, which is a good way of doing it. There were banana cupcakes for the cake, and they were amazing. It was a nice ceremony, and oh so smart to do it at the venue. None of that driving to the reception stuff that is so silly.

It was nice to see friends, to have good company and good food.

Breakfast was poached egg on toast with melted cheese. I looked through some of my bins and sorted out some clothes. We caught the 3pm ferry from Bremerton. Ma and Pa planned to spend the day in Seattle, so that was nice. Got the lift from them, and a life back from Daniel & Heather.

Heather had only been on a ferry once before in her life, so she enjoyed the Edmonds/Kingston ferry ride. It was a starry night. Back in Seabeck, we hot tubbed it up. Tomorrow we shall have breakfast and I'll give them a tour. Then I'll figure out how the heck I'm getting to the airport, and what I am packing with me.

Nice to be with friends. Nice to spend time with people that matter. It was about five years ago that I started this blog. Look how far I've come!

No comments: