hi

hi

Thursday, May 31, 2012

surely you can't be serious!

I took note of where we ate, but the notes are in my bag and I can't be bothered to fish them out. Carmen and I biked to the Richmond district and B-Star had seats, so we occupied them and waited for Josh. I ordered some appetizers, well just the fries, and we got a pitcher of this tasty ginger beer. Yum yum. Fries were good. Josh got some soup. It was interesting soup. Very complex with lots of things...I ate too much though. When my Ochazuke arrived, it was all I could do to get through the egg and salmon portion. It was all in a green tea broth, which was interesting, but I felt it overwhelmed the flavor of everything else. Still, I love me a poached egg. I was very stuffed, and Carmen and I walked down to the bookstore (Josh road on ahead). It was quite the packed used book store, though I couldn't quite spy anything to really make me extract my wallet.

We got home just at dark, and drank cocoa and watched telly. Star Trek followed by Airplane!. I noticed a few new humourous things in Airplane, though it wasn't quite as funny as I remember it being. I can now tell how really dated it is.

Spent the day looking, applying, and doing the job thing. Tomorrow I plan to go to Carmel. To actually DO IT this time.

Toasted bagel, tea, snacks. Rest of the day was pretty good. Watched some United States of Tara as well. There was more Odd Owl practicing going on, which I enjoy listening to. Good tunes and cool people.

Carmen said she could give me a haircut, and as it has been almost six months since my last time, I am well due for one.

No comments: