hi

hi

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Farmer's Market Bot 3000


Painted this robot for Josh's birthday, which was today so it doesn't ruin anything. I'll get a proper scan eventually. Anyway, spent my evening finishing that up, while they watched Star Trek (Josh hasn't seen the finished one as of this writing, he went to bed before I was done). Josh & Carmen went out for sushi, and I worked. Before that, we walked down to Irving and that was nice. Checked out Ichiban Kan, and I'm totally going to get one of those fabric pen holder things. Going to be so organizational with my art supplies! Carmen got a sweet coat for a buck at Goodwill.

While Josh was having a birthday lunch with a friend, Carmen and I rolled up our shirt sleeves for his surprise. We put a new cool shelf in his studio, and some better organizational drawers, and hung some art that Carmen had framed. It looks nice. Josh was very surprised and digs it. A much tidier space. He got home right as we were done vacuuming.

There was a birthday tart for breakfast instead of a cake with dinner. It was tasty! Only three candles needed to be blown out, as Josh is only three years old. Duuuh.

I left Nathan's place pretty early, because I knew I'd be helping with the surprise set up and didn't know when Josh would be gone, so I figured better get there early and be safe. I also put some more gas in my car. Twenty bucks puts a good amount of gas in a Prius. It is also nice to drive when traffic is very light. It was a quick trip from Redwood City to San Francisco when there are not many cars to slow everything down. I have the trip just about memorized now.

Very fun day. Tarts, treats, walks, painting. Now back to the job hunt...tomorrow.

No comments: