hi

hi

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I had a custard bun for dessert. Yay for Sheng Kee bakery!

Had a very good sleep, and still got up within my usual window of getting up.

No replies about jobs. Come ooon! Ah, well, have to be patient. From my end I am just one, from their end they probably have many. That takes time. In the afternoon, I walked down to Irving and swung by Ichiban Kan and got a business card holder (for other people's cards), a notebook, a little pen holder, a pen, and a little case for things. Nice and cheap and most of it was blue and cute. The ramen place I wanted to try didn't open for lunch till 5pm, so I sat in Golden Gate Park and sorted through my satchel, and organized things a bit. It was a very nice day, but I still needed a coat. Redwood City is just generally hot, but here it is sunny but not warm. I don't know which I prefer.

The ramen was a bit underwhelming. The noodles were not as thick as I like. Broth and meat was good enough, but I won't go about recommending it to people any time soon. I got some yams, bananas, and onions on the way back. Gotta have bananas! I'm eating a lot of them these days. And apples, but I always eat a lot of apples. Granny smith. Num nums.

In the evening, there was a litttle barbecue. Yo, Justin, and...Kyle! yes, Kyle came over. We peeled onions and I cut up yams and we made skewers from the ingredients (there were shrimp on these skewers as well). Tasty food, and it grilled up perfectly. There were salmon burgers as well, but I wasn't that hungry due to my late ramen lunch. It was a nice dinner. Lovely company. Always nice to meet new people.

After they left, we watched Star Trek, but I started to nap. Now it is bed time. Another day. The job hunt continues ever on. Wednesday already? Baaahhh.

No comments: