hi

hi

Monday, May 7, 2012

Sunday. Sweet Sunday.

Pretty mellow day here with the Spencer kids. Oleg and Chad were out doing something. Well, Chad was in Washington. Haven't seen hide nor hair of Oleg.

I made bacon & eggs for breakfast. It was good. We had fancy organic orange juice for breakfast with it. Nathan had toast, and I opted out.

After I made my internet rounds, and Nathan played his games, we went outside for a hike. He loaded his bike into his car and off we went to the Redwood City hills. It was a nice day for it. Warm, but not so hot. He peddled up the hills, and I hiked along aside him. I sat for a bit and read out of City of Thieves while he went up and down some hills. We looked at this sandstone formation, though Utah was much cooler in terms of rock formations. Wind and erosion can only get you so far. The park ranger dude that we passed on the way out was a UW grad, and he and Nate gabbed about being Huskies. I had to admit I brought dishonor on the family by being a PNCA Sloth. Oh woe.

It was a nice day to be out. Everyone on the trail was very friendly.

Afterwards we went to In-N-Out and got burgers. The pretty Chevy in the drive through in front of us had trouble starting. Nathan got out to help push it, but it started up before he had to. The burger was tasty. Mmm.

Back at the house, Nate and I sat outside and read and played with the dogs. We absorbed the last of the day's warmth. Then it was dinner time. Well, muffin and chips and hummus time. We are not complicated chefs. We watched more television (Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones). And it was intense. And awesome. Now Nate is all caught up on Breaking Bad. Ohh man it is SO GOOD. Yup yup.

No comments: