hi

hi

Friday, November 25, 2011

I'm thankful for everyone and their company

Didn't write last night because I was tired and didn't feel like summing it all up. So now lets get to three days worth of awesome adventures!

Wednesday:

Got up bright and early and packed up all my things. I felt really bad chaining Holly up. I stuffed her dog house with blankets and filled her bowl with more food than she really needed. Then I drove off and left her for the day, night, and day. In Illustrator I worked on the poster. Lots of little things and listening to music. I left about 20 minutes into Flash to catch the ferry. Parked the car at the ferry and got on the 1:45 right on time. Listened to the hilarious Cabin Pressure. Stood under the aqueduct for a few minutes and then Brynne picked me up and off we went to Bellevue! We chatted and snacked and I found myself allergic to either the dog or the cats. Boo. She took a nap and I watched the first two episodes of Castle. Dan came home and we chatted about books and stuff. Then we went to Flo sushi and it was THE BEST sushi I've ever had. The rolls were spectacular and tasty and just flawless. Best. A great treat. Back at the apartment we watched Sherlock, but we all fell asleep at different points. It is beautiful on their 57 inch television though. All the pores. So beautiful. So high resolution. Too bad we were so tired.

Today's Portrait is: James Marsters.

Thursday:

Woke up and showered and had some oatmeal and tea. It is like I never left home! Except I was all allergic and stuff. Dan and I took Honey for a walk. Brynne let me have a cupcake early. A tester. It was tasty. Josh arrived looking sharp. Then I worked on getting ready. Did my hair into dutch girl braids and did my eyemakeup, but then I messed it up and started over. Put on the vintage dress courtesy of mom. Brynne gave me some tights. So nice of her! Oh she also got me an AWESOME sci fi calendar. I need to visit more often. I get ever so pampered. Once all was done, we chatted and I fiddled with Dan's camera.

Then we hopped in the separate cars and headed up to Edmonds. There were several Davids, a Don, a Joan, and others at the lovely wonderful house that was hosting us. One of the guests was a collector of Scottish whiskeys, so I got some education in the finer stuff. The highland variety. The 16 year Lagavulin has my heart. So peaty and smooth and scrumptious. And since I had to drive later that night, I was able to enjoy my samples and didn't overly sample from the collection. Haa.

The gravy was good. Totally wonderful. And it went so well on the lovely turkey. Everything was so good and so perfect. I talked art with much of the company. Don was a retired art appraiser. There was one teenager, but he was a talented piano player so he fit right in. It was a lovely Thanksgiving with lots of good company and food and laughs. All was well and everyone got along. And I didn't have to do any dishes! I got on the 9:10 ferry and rested and listened to more radio comedy. It was a nice ride home. Hardly any other cars, let alone traffic. Holly was excited and happy and raced around once she was off her chain. She was unscathed by her cooping up, but she clearly didn't like it. All her food was eaten.

Today's Portrait is: Juliet Landau.

Friday:

Slept in as much as I wanted. I earned a good sleeping in. Took Holly for a walk and got the mail and newspaper. Holly did her doggie business. I spent the day relaxing on the computer. I'll do my finals work Saturday and Sunday. Turns out I really didn't need to do any grocery shopping. Ten days isn't that long. Ate some bananas. Watched some Slings and Arrows and finished watching The Pacific. Did some portraits. It has been a good holiday.

Today's Portrait Is: Michelle Trachtenberg.

1 comment:

courtney chetwynde said...

Hi could yOu help me get someone to notice my blog it is called hungergamesdebate.blogspot.com I really need some help so please help!!!!!