hi

hi

Friday, August 12, 2011

teef be gone


Since I couldn't eat breakfast or drink tea, it was a pretty effortless morning. Got up at around 8:30. Showered. Popped my pills.

Ma drove me to the Poulsbo dental office. We waited for a bit. I flipped through an old magazine (total dental stereotype office). I practically hopped out of my seat when it was my turn. Gave Mom a kiss on the forehead. I was more worried about her worrying about her daughter, than I was about the surgery. They said that I was the most enthusiastic patient that they had had. I've never been under before, or had an IV. So I found it exciting. New stuff! They put me on an IV, and settled me in. One second I was thinking about boys, the next second I was being woken up. I was very very groggy and didn't quite remember getting to the car. I talked on the way home, though it was mostly delirious stuff.

Dad set up the Netflix for me. I took some painkillers and then settled in for a few hours of Doctor Who on streaming. Swallowed an amount of my own blood. Changed cotton out for gauze. In between gauze, I had some pudding. Later on I had some delicious soup. Mom is treating me really well. Dad is as well. He brought me up a bowl of mac and cheese for dinner. I nibbled it into bits using my front teeth and just swallowed it down. Watched about five episodes of Doctor Who and a Starz special about character actors. Then the feeling came back to my face. Went on the internet till So You Think You Can Dance. Fantastic finale. I didn't vote for Melanie, but it was well deserved.

Watched Wilfred. Watching Spirited. If the latter wasn't so damn good, I would have gone to bed an hour and a half ago. Hahah.

But yeah, my first surgery went really well. I'm recovering well. The worst pill side effect thus far has been mild wooziness. Eagerly awaiting the time when I can stop using the gauze and ice packs.

Todays Portrait Is: (a slightly scary) Neil Gaiman.

No comments: