hi

hi

Monday, July 18, 2011

it all ended

Got up a bit earlier than usual and enjoyed some delicious waffles and bacon courtesy of dad. I spent the next couple hours relaxing and getting more portraits in the Portraitoday queue.

Then I packed up some cookies and hopped in my car and headed to Port Orchard to meet my friend Meghan, for we were going to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II. The last Harry Potter movie ever. Gaaah. The books and the series have been around since I was so young. Now I'm grown and it over. What else in culture lasts through so many years and changes?

Anyway, the driving was good but then it came to a stand still just outside Gorst. So I took some detours and got really side tracked. One of the on ramps was closed, but I managed to get on. Then the route the GPS was following wasn't actually taking me TO the theater, just NEAR it, so I drove in circles trying to find it. But I eventually did with about 6 minutes to spare.

The Port Orchard theater is a bit dingy, but we got good seats. The lights were not dimmed fully though, I felt. So it didn't seem as crisp and dark as it ought. Still, ahh. Harry Potter. I cried. Twice. They really ended the film at the peak. I just wish more of the films were longer. They could have made them all three hours long and everyone would have watched. It was wonderful. And well acted. And it was the end. The last link of that chain. The series means so much to so many people and now it is done. I don't want any more though.

Afterwards, Meghan and I found a little lounge and chatted for a few hours about Harry Potter and art after graduation and driving and all sorts of things. Meghan is cool, she graduated about a year and a half before I did.

It was much easier to go back, though I had to tell the GPS that home was not in San Jose.

Back home I gave mom a big "I told you so" for a movie that she, now, regretfully bought.

We bought a new antenna and now we get, like, four more channels! The only problem is that they only come through randomly. So you don't know if, when you leave a channel, if you can get back to it.

I watched Breaking Bad, which continues to be a phenomenal show. It is filmed so beautifully and the silence packs so much emotional weight. Great performances. Dark and brutal and perfect.

Now to read more! I read a couple chapters a day, all though considering I have 800 more pages yet to read, I'm going to have a lot more days ahead of me. It is good reading though. Every sentence has weight.

Todays Portrait Is: Rashida Jones.

No comments: