hi

hi

Monday, June 20, 2011

kolinsky and joe(s)

Last night I went to bed without writing my blog post, and I almost did the same this night. Bad habits are starting to form due to my trip!

Except I got up at about 10am, which is amazing. I'm on early time still, because waking up early is unavoidable in a motorhome, where at 6:30am you hear "shhhh be quiet". I've noticed that my writing gets ahead of me from time to time and that I put in wrong words because. So if I ever use a weird word that doesn't fit, it is a mistake I didn't catch.

Anyway, mom made waffles for breakfast and thus began Father's Day. I didn't have a gift. Or a card. I'll draw him something when I have the time (which is forever and forever now that I live with my parents once again and am unemployed).

After breakfast we soaked in the hot tub. That was nice.

Then it was off to Mats Mats for further Fathers celebration. We picked up some dinner on the way there. I drove! And did quite well. It's nice to let the parents, who drive everywhere, have a break. Plus it is good to be in driving practice. Hopefully Nathan gets a car soon, so I can have some wheels.

Anyway, Mats Mats! Visited grandma and grandpa. Told them tales of the road trip, and of graduation, and had our chicken dinner, and looked through a slide show of pictures from the trip. During the visit I inherited my great grandmother's furs! One is a fur collar that is so elegant and soft, the other is a link of Kolinsky's where the mouth is a clasp. They drape over ones shoulders in a magnificent manner. I want to make a nice display case for the pelts, though for now they are being safely placed in a chest. Such a wonderful gift, thank you grandma for trusting me with them!

It was a lovely little visit, I find it odd to go into a lot of detail about it because the main readers of my blog (my parents and grandparents) were all there with me today.

After the visit, we stopped by the marina because the Lady Washington and Hawaiian Dream (or breeze or fantasy, Hawaiian something) were docked there. The Lady Washington was a ship in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. It is a lovely recreation of a ye olde ship that you can ride on. We took a ride years ago, my family and I. It was fun. Before the ships, ma and pa looked at this other boat and found out it was built by their friend Donald "Donnie" Latimer. Funny how things end up coming together like that.

On the way home, we swung by the new Trader Joe's that opened in Silverdale. It was so comforting being there. The food was familiar and I knew how good some of it was. All the Portland treats that I love were there. And priced the same (except in Oregon there is no tax). Ahhh, such a beautiful store. Hope it lasts in Silverdale for ever and ever.

At home we watched another episode of Tales From the City. I did my laundry. Mom and dad went to bed, I watched Game of Thrones, which was AWESOME.

Todays Portrait Is: Danny Boyle.

No comments: