hi

hi

Thursday, May 26, 2011

surprised!


Ahhhh oh my god, Karen surprised me with a going away party! I thought it was happening Thursday night and it happened tonight instead. Anyway, I'll start at the start.

At 10 I got a call from Robin arranging a lunch time hang out. We agreed to meet at her place at 1pm, go to the East side by max, and then go to her parents house for Lunch. It was a gray sort of cold day, and cold days are ever so much amplified by not being able to wear socks due to a tattoo.

Robin looked adorable and we caught the max over. Her house is AMAZING. Like seriously spectacular. Her mother is a landscape designer so her outside is all designed with paths and plants and chickens and stuff. Really well articulated. Her mother collects and also makes doll furniture, so tucked away in different parts of the house are doll furniture set ups. Like a bathtub and toilet in the bathroom. There is even a doll house in the basement that is beyond well constructed, with little mini etchings decorating the wall. Robin gave me a lovely little tour of her house and her house within a house. She also made me a shrimp, tomato, lettuce, onion sandwich for lunch! Deeeelicious.

We rode out on bikes to Lodekka, but it was closed. So we went to Pix and got a dessert. An amazing chocolatey dessert named Shazaam. It was a caramel chocolate almond cake wrapped up in a soft sheet of chocolate. Mmmm. Yum.

After that we returned to the West side. I thought the plan was for me, Robin, Kristen, Tabitha (who was picking up Cidney) to go enjoy some minigolf later. So Karen rolled up and was all "I accidentally left my ID at Roadside Attraction, we need to swing by and pick it up". I was totally in belief that we were doing minigolf. Karen parked and into Roadside Attraction we went and BAM THERE WAS JON AND DOM AND MELISSA AND MEL AND JIM AND CIDNEY AND BT AND TABITHA AND MADELINE ALL THERE!!! And there to see me and wish me goodbye. I almost cried there, but I kept it together. Lots of hugs! But no minigolf. STILL! OH MY GOD! How amazing. Karen bought me a tea vodka and lemonade drink and I settled in and I got some cards and Jim had a comic to give to me and Melissa made me a drawing and I got some more drawings and cards. Daniel and Heather came and they had a gift of watercolor postcards (with five of them already filled out with their address) and stamps and a travel watercolor set. Ahhhh so cool. I had everyone there fill out their addresses on the remaining cards. I plan to draw during my motorhoming adventures and send it out to my wonderful friends. Wonderful lovely awesome perfect irreplaceable friends who I will miss sorely. Serenity and Beth and Sivonna came. Serenity bought be a drink and that was lovely.

Oh what a great night. Lots of company, lots of good company. Friends for life, no doubt.

Tabitha gave Robin (because her stuff was at my place), Cidney, Kristen and I a lift back. Robin and I snuggled up in bed and watched Doctor Who and then, deciding we were warm and comfortable, promptly went to sleep after.

Todays Portrait Is: Bruno Mars.

No comments: