hi

hi

Monday, May 23, 2011

packing it away, almost out of Portland

I just love looking down at my feet. So lovely.

Alarm went off at 8. Hauled myself out of bed without much struggle at 8:40. Showered. Mother and father arrived shortly after to help with packing. I had some tea and made a list of things to do. Sorting out dishes. Sorting out boxes. All that stuff. Ma helped with the dishes. Dad helped haul my stuff up from the basement storage. Got to getting stuff together. So many boxes started assembling. I didn't think I had that much stuff, but it always ends up looking that way when it is all assembled. At least the only furniture I am moving is my bed, and the frame is very minimal. The box spring went down with todays load, and the mattress will go down with next weeks, as well as with me. Disassembled my bed and then it was time to pack. Did a layer of boxes and bins with shelves on either side.

I have such a big haul of stuff to take to William Temple House. Clothes, shoes, cheap comics I can't be bothered to take the time to pass off onto someone else. Part of me wants to part with much more of what I have been holding on to. I like having my magazines on hand, for reference. But do I really need these around? How valuable is the reference and inspiration they provide? I'll hang onto them for now, but...I dunno.

Where ever I move to next, I'll take a lot less with me.

Apparently Mom and Dad have Nathan's Wii now. JEALOUS.

It started to rain right as we draped the tarp. Ma and Pa left and I had lunch. Chili! Put a few more things away. Chilled out.

Lacey came over at 6pm to pick up this piece of hers that I had been holding onto for her. She stuck around and watched the new episode of Doctor Who with me. She left to get some dinner. I packed some more. Slowly, but surely, everything is going into boxes. All my clothes to wear are in a suitcase. It's just getting the tidbits into boxes now. Cleaning the gunk.

Todays Portrait Is: Ricky Wilson.

No comments: