hi

hi

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

not all that creepy, really

Got to school and checked my school email and then found out class was cancelled. Should have checked before I left. Duh whoops oh well. I took the time to scan all the David Hockney articles so that I could finally return the book to the library. I also scanned in some of the illustrations that I plan to reference in my text.

It was rainy. Boo. There is a new show called The Killing, which is an adaptation of a Danish show called Forbrydelsen. It is about a murder. The adaptation is set in Washington, which makes the show yet another in a long line of shows and movies that depict the Pacific Northwest as rainy, creepy, gray, and full of trees. And sure it is rainy and gray and full of trees, but not nearly as creepy as shows and movies make it out to be. I'm waiting for something happy to be set here. That would be nice. Anyway, I watched the first few minutes of The Killing just to see if its good. I didn't even know it was relocated to Seattle in the adaptation, but that became really evident just from the saturation of color and gratuitous shots of trees and rain. I intended to just watch a bit and get on with stuff but ended up sucked into the show. Now I have to wait A WEEK for more. Gaah. Guess I'll just have to work on my thesis in the mean time. Booo.

So I worked on reading. Went to Trader Joe's for some food provisions. They didn't have any seaweed snacks on the shelf. Booo.

Tomorrow I'm going to speak to Joan's Art and Design in Contemporary Society class about my project. I don't know what I'll say so I reckon that is incentive enough to get up early and plan my stuff. Sort of a practice defense. Get some good discussion. Give away some posters. Get the youngins interested in Focus Week.

Todays Portrait Is: Idris Elba.

No comments: