hi

hi

Thursday, April 14, 2011

nearing the end of it all

I've had over 1,500 blog posts now! Hurrah!

Woke up in a weird haze. Also my back hurt. A lot. Too much physical strain in the past few nights, but getting it done NOW opens next week up to getting my speech and paper tended to. And those are the things that need tending. There is the very real possibility that I will be done with all my thesis printing by weekends end.

At 7:10ish I went to school. Karen treated me to a slice of pizza. She, Robin, and I chatted about after school plans. It's rough telling people that I in all likelihood will be out of Portland come June. If the plan of moving back home goes through, I don't think it will hit till around school time. I spent most of last summer in Seabeck and no one was much fussed about it. I'll throw a going away chili party.

Anyway, it was raining heavily and I got quite wet. After pizza I scanned in my text designs and printed those out. Went to the studio and finished Eva and Karen's posters and finished the lineart on Morgan's portrait side. Basically three black ink layers, which are easy to get through because it is all the same ink. The printing, combined with a free screen from yesterday, opened up four screens. So I emulsified them, made the print outs of Diana and Morgan's text as well as the color layers on Asha and Lacey's posters, into transparencies for the exposure unit and exposed them. So between six screens I have: DeAnn's portrait side color and lineart, Asha color, Lacey color, Diana and Morgan text. The text layers are good because they only need one screen for both layers. Tomorrow the studio is free so I will be getting on that. Should have Diana and Morgan's finished, with at least one more portrait side done. WHOO! My thesis poster total count will be 16.

After printing I pinned up the finished Eva and Karen posters. It feels so great looking at the wall of my art and it really feels proper. I'm so pleased with myself and the work that I'm making. I don't hate it and I'm not yet tired of looking at it. And there are more on the way!

Back at home I watched my tellie and got to work on my illustration project. The one that is due tomorrow. Gaah. It looks good, it just will fall one piece short of the assignment (two instead of three). Oh well. I at least go something done.

Todays Portrait Is: Alan Davies.

No comments: