hi

hi

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

new record?

Got up a bit earlier. Ate a scramble. Did a portrait using just watercolor with no pencil presketch. Went to school for this special lecture on speaking skills. It was informative, I guess. Helped Mel take some photos for her thesis. Drew Asha while she printed. At 6:30 I had a meeting with Joan about my paper. It needs so much revision, but I felt that would be the case. I agreed to have another draft in to her in a week, so that will be a good deadline to get that locked down.

After that meeting I grabbed some doughnuts and a drink and parked in the illustration lab and worked on some of the thesis poster sides and text. Kristen was working on a poster that I offered to print in collaboration for their thesis. As long as she got both layers done, I would print them Monday night (tonight). I wanted them done by 9pm, but she got them printed by 10:45. Got six screens emulsified, exposed the two We Buy Diamonds posters and four thesis portrait sides (DeAnn and Morgan). Kristen helped catch paper so in three hard printing hours we got 100+ (about 107...) two color posters printed. The colors started at pink and blue and went to purple and then blue and then green and then pink. Really freaking cool. Had some trouble with the black layer. I should have printed with process black. I just really wanted the rich opaque quality. Oh well. Some of them are really freaking cool. And got them DONE in the magic allotted time. We left right as the night guard was telling us the school was closed.

Now back to thesis! Tomorrow I am drawing Lacey. I could potentially be sitting on 17 thesis posters. Waiting to be finished are Eva, Diana, and Karen. On screens are Morgan and DeAnn. Designed is Asha. Scheduled to be drawn are Lacey and Tippi. If I get these done, that would be something damn amazing. I'll just be at school as many nights as possible in the next two weeks. I really want to show an EPIC AMOUNT of posters.

Todays Portrait Is: Sean Lock.

No comments: