hi

hi

Friday, December 17, 2010

i like purdy mooovies

Glorious beautiful sleep. How I love it.

Lazed about all morning. Like a champ. Took out the trash. Showered. Sorted out my presents. Looked at my laundry and contemplated putting it away, but I didn't.

Ate some frozen stir fry. Been lazy with the cooking.

Went to Trader Joe's. They didn't have the seaweed that I favor so much.

Decided to catch the 7pm showing of The Tempest with Karen and to get some sushi before. Killed time till 6pm rolled around and she found parking. I got two hand rolls and some of the kind with shrimp on top. No cut up rolls. I gave Karen her present and we chatted about stuff. She is a good friend. We had a good conversation in the theater about more things.

I hate the trailer for Little Furniture. I don't need to see movies about rich people in their mid 20's having existential crisis. Uhhhg. But the trailer for The Illusionist was great. I can't wait to see that.

The Tempest, Julie Taymor's adaptation of the play was interesting...

The casting was great. Molina, Mirren, Winshaw, Hounsou...and some of the parts were mind bogglingly spell binding and the visuals and costumes were the right kind of modern influences. I'm not familiar with the play so I think a lot was lost on me. It was good but, as Karen said after, it will need some time to digest.

We parted ways with a hug and I went home and put my feet up. One more day in Portland and then I go home home home.

No comments: