hi

hi

Monday, December 13, 2010

limit

Turns out 275 pulls is my max number in silk screen. Good to know.

Had a slow start. The type of "well I'm only doing two things, I'll put it off" thing. Had breakfast. Drew a picture. Wrote out the to do list. Stuffed a frozen meal in my purse with a bunch of other things. I rode first to the laundromat to get quarters for laundry. Then I went to Utrecht and bought some paper. The lab was packed so I went to the library. Photocopied my sketchbook. Cut the spreads up. Oh, in the store I had a revelation about my format. I kept thinking of folding the images in halves, completely forgot about the notion of thirds. So yeah, spent a lot of time planning out the new layout. And then I realized I had counted the number of spreads, not pages, so I had to do even more folding and layout. Took a lot longer than expected. Drew some other stuff for printing.

The studio was still full, but I put my stuff down and cut down paper and emulsified screens and exposed. Waiting for a table to open up. And it did! In an hour I printed one side of the screen, and in another side I printed the other side. 100 zines. 200 pulls. Ahhg. Listened to A Game of Thrones. I also worked a little on the other piece but after hours of printing and being on my feet, my body was done in. At 9:30pmish I went to the computer lab and tooled around on the animation. Got it up to speed and all that. Finally staggered home. Well stagger biked.

Put my feet up. Relieved my back. Did my laundry. Now I'm going to fold my laundry and pass out. Long day tomorrow. Longish. Wrapping paper, print, thesis CD documentation disc or something, folding zine, animation. I'll probably work on animation and zine and CD during the day and printing after five.

Can only print so much yeah....

No comments: