hi

hi

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oregonado

Animation is done! Whoo! I need to figure out how to export it at high quality without it looking horrible. Because I tried putting it up on Vimeo but it doesn't look as good as it should.

Anyway. School time.

Apparently there was a tornado in Salem. Oregon tornado? What.

Dropped my bike in my studio right as the rain started. Class was in the computer lab. Martin brought us pie! Four kinds! Meringue, apple, berry, and pumpkin. I went for the meringue. We filled out course evaluations and watched a little video about marketing and being prepared for the future or something. The speaker was really boring and it was hard to be invested in what she was saying. And then we were cut loose!

I headed to the print lab to print some wrapping paper. Critique was happening in the Etching/Litho studio and silk screen was free free free. Hurray! People came and it got crowded, but never intolerable. I printed my design on many sheets of newsprint and Dom showed up and started printing his right as I finished up. I got to printing my ChrissyPressy prints. Lots of printing. Did it in one stretch. Dom also printed tons and Morgaine printed and they collaborated and Samala came in and got some tuteledge. It was a regular illustration back of the studio take over. Whoo! So from about noon to five thirty, it was print happy time. Just doesn't get better than that.

Then I realized I was hungry, and I was done printing, so I cleaned my screen and picked up my stuff and said adieu and went to Chipotle. Got a soda as well, just a little caffeine to get me through the next bit of the day.

Went to the library and got in the comfy chair. Ate half the burrito, then curled up and took a 30 rest. Listened to audio book. Then I hauled my butt to yoga. Which kicked my butt again. Lots of core work. Stuff that takes strength. And my legs were giving out. Still, I did it. Good for me, and good for my physicalness. And now yoga is done for 2010!

I hauled my tired, worn out lump of a body to 815G (or was it F? anyway: the illustration computer lab). I tooled around on the internet and then I got down to business and finished my video. Actually the whole AfterEffects project went really well. No major problems or difficulties. No sound not exporting. Nothing like that. Hurray! Escaped the lab before 10pm.

Talked to the cool crew a bit.

Oh Morgaine said I should talk about her more in my blog. Or something. Morgaine is an awesome artist. She produces so much work, and high caliber work too. It has stuck with me from the first drawing I saw of hers and she continues to soar. She has a great sense of color and the human body. Her thesis is about the body and how we represent ourselves. Should be great. Her website is: http://www.morgainefaye.com/

Went home and worked on putting my prints into frames. Finished my burrito. Queued up lots of Sons of Anarchy. Now it is late, I am very weary. One last day. Mmm.

No comments: