hi

hi

Saturday, July 3, 2010

heavy little boxes full of books



Blarg. Packing is less fun when it is trying to pack up all the stuff you have, as opposed to packing up a few things from the stuff you have and leaving the rest behind in Seabeck. Everything that belongs to me either needs to be packed up, Goodwilled, thrown out or given to Katie.

Karen is loaning me some boxes. We also took a trip to the big Fred Meyers for plastic bins. I got two large bins for clothes (and later long term storage because my new apartment will have a storage space and I'll be giving the flat boxes back to Karen as she might be moving soon as well) and some smaller bins for shoes or other small bin business. Karen is going camping this weekend and while I was invited, I declined. I really need to focus on packing.

I wish I had a car. That way I could easily take things down to a storage unit and get stuff out of the way instead of packing things into boxes and letting them sit till Pa comes down. My television is far out of date and hasn't been turned on in a while so that will be gone. I have a lot of paper clutter, which will be recycled. Thankfully I have audio books. Tomorrow is looking like a day spent sorting and tossing.

My closet is pretty much empty. I pulled a few shirts and shorts and did a load of laundry but the bulk of my clothes are in the two plastic bins. I should have bought a third. I'll leave my shelving units where they are for now. Just gotta empty them.

I have bags for Goodwill. I also have bags for mom. You know, nice clothes that I won't be wearing but shouldn't be tossed either. Celia handmedowns mostly. I've gained a couple pounds that put me out of the size for them, but that is just at this moment. Maybe I'll pack and keep them as a goal motivator.

When I was taking down my coats, I felt a lump in one of the pockets. When I pulled out the lump I found my long missing MP3 player! I had assumed a while ago that I had put it in a small bag for safe keeping and then tossed that bag in a fit of rushed tidying up. I missed it but I'm not totally devoted to music so it wasn't this void in my life. And now I have it back! So that is good. Now I can listen to audio books while printmaking and not bother other people. Or while working out (if I ever decide to get into shape, which I should make a habit of now). It wasn't turning on so I looked up a reset tutorial online and pried it apart, pulled the battery connector and put the connector back in, put it together, put it on the charger (which I never threw out, yay for being a pack rat) and viola it was operational! Go me!

Did a load of laundry, just to get that out of the way. Ate bread with hummus (I really need to go grocery shopping).

Uhm yeah. Just packed and didn't pack and packed. Now to fold laundry. And watch something I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make your mom and dad so proud! You fixed your MP3 player yourself, pretty much by laying on of hands, and you organized things in clear plastic bins! And saved vintage things...We are so proud!xoxxomummy