hi

hi

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

finally, an end to the parties






Oh yeah, guess I have to blog. Was going to write up Sunday this morning but just felt like putting it off instead.

Sunday

Bike shopping! I went with the Trek Atwood. Tan and beautiful. I test rode it down to the waterfront and back up Jefferson. I got up the hill with almost no problem what so ever. Normally I'm heaving and pushing my monster of a bike and it takes so much effort. Even out of shape, it was much smoother. It was fun to just be able to point at add ons and buy them and not be too worried about money. Sure I wanted some cash left over but it was for my bike, so I spent it on my bike. Brown fenders, silver folding bike basket, brass bell, fancy LED lights, kick stand... I piled it up and counted out the twenty dollar bills. I even got free installation, I just had to wait around a bit. So I walked to Finnegan's for few last minute birthday gifts and went to Powell's to browse books. Returned at around 4pm and damn if it wasn't one of the most beautiful bikes I have ever seen. It really came together. I'm quite pleased, and can't wait to ride it more.

Beautiful day for riding. I had a little bit of time between wrapping presents at home and going to Robin's 21st Birthday Extravaganza. I put on bright blue eyeshadow. Makeup for me is about fun. Anyway, I hopped on my bike and road across the river.

I arrived at Roadside Attraction before anyone else, but when I called they said they would be there in a minute so I chatted up the bartender for a refreshing drink recommendation. She mixed me up a tea flavored vodka lemonade drink and it was sweet and refreshing as I wanted. Robin looked perfect in her birthday dress. We got a table outside and thus the NINE HOUR FESTIVITY began. Nine freaking hours. Of course it wasn't all wild and crazy, but damn the time went by. I ordered a french dip sandwich. Mmm. Robin's friend from out doors school Bridger showed up and he stuck with us through the whole night. Robin's sister Poppy was there up till midnight. BT was there for Roadside Attraction and karaoke at Chopsticks II. Heather and Daniel showed up at Beulahland and left at Chopsticks II. Justin came for karaoke and brought his brother and a friend. Karen was there the whole night almost. Tabitha came for karaoke. Luke showed up at Beulahland and stayed for karaoke. Adam and Tony stopped by at Roadside Attraction.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. We spent maybe three hours at Roadside Attraction, two at Beulahland, and four at Chopsticks II. In that order. Food, conversation, and light drinks at Roadside. Bridger and I locked up our bikes at BT and Karens and we walked to Beulahland. There Karen and I treated Robin to a couple photobooth sessions. We tried to get five people in the first one, but there is only enough room in the photo frame for three. Haha. The next one turned out a lot better. Photo booths are super fun! I ordered a slice of apple pie. I think I only had about one drink at each establishment. Well, two at karaoke. I was feeling friendly and social enough. The pie was good. Karaoke was fun. I didn't sing, but a lot of other people at our group did. Karen did Prince. Robin did obla di obla da. Bridger did some songs. And we all sang happy birthday to our girl. Near the end of the night a lot of people danced during songs, so I joined it. Fun to boogie! BT closed our night with a smashing rendition of Great Balls of Fire. Then the remaining few of us (Robin, BT, Bridger, and myself) walked back, picked up our bikes, and road into a cool night.

Monday

No birthdays. Katie is gone for a few days. Just me, the internet, and trying to ignore a very messy room. Tomorrow I will start throwing things out. Cut down on the useless clutter, before I try to organize it. Just have to keep telling myself that anything I keep, I'll have to pack and move. At least I can get all my art supplies in one spot.

Though I did get out of the house. BT, Madeline and I met up for the 7:20 pm showing of Jean-Pierre Jeunet's latest film Micmacs. I had high expectations for the film, and it did not disappoint. Great sets, diverse and charming characters, great plots and set ups, and a contortionist! If anything, I would have liked it to be longer. Just wonderful through and through. There was even a Delicatessen cameo. Madeline and I clutched at each others arms when it happened. BT hasn't seen Delicatessen. It made me really happy all around. Cannot recommend it enough, too bad it won't be playing in many theaters. We parted ways after the film and I picked up some carry out That food from the place down the street. Delicious way to end the night.

Tomorrow I am going to see the Genesis show at PAM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bike looks super sweet. A happy ending! xoxomummy