hi

hi

Thursday, July 1, 2010

three years comes to a close

My favorite site for movies and television shut down! Nooo! Oh well.

Started packing. Well, I rounded up some boxes from the recycle bin and put the small comics in them. Also piled my books by size for easy packing. You know...finding things that fit in different areas. Took a lot of posters down. Tomorrow I will round up boxes and plastic bins and get a more serious move on things. It would probably be best to move an empty dresser, instead of one packed with clothes. I have a couple suitcases as well.

Went out for First Thursday. It was rainy, but I got to show Margaret off to people. Margaret is the name of my bike. As in Atwood. Lady author. Anyway, it got compliments. As it should. Because it is pretty.

Stopped by Tender Loving Empire. Their new location is gorgeous. Needs some bandanas. The Rad Hatter show was going on. All of the pieces were trucker hats redesigned by artists. Agnes had a hat in, BT had two, Mona had one. Some were really good and some were just okay. Went to the Flight 64 show at W+K. That had some really nice prints. Recognized Heather's work right away. Went down to Pony Club to meet BT, Alison, and Phil. It was a lovely show of $25 prints. Some were really sweet. Wish I was a little more successful so that I could buy prints a plenty. Went to Reading Frenzy. Then back to Tender Loving Empire. Then to Blondie to see Maddison's show. It was really stuffy and all the cigarette smoke was blowing into the establishment and this girl sounded like she was killing a guitar. So we waited outside for Mel. Then I rode my bike down to Ichiban Sushi to grab five seats and Karen drove them down. New plate record: 7! I don't even feel gross. I was obviously more hungry than I thought it was. Mmmm so good. Friends and fish and colored plates. We played hangman with the sushi train and the other customers. After dinner we parted ways. So soggy and wet. Bleh.

Bright and early it is box time! Then packing time! I don't want to be here later than the 10th. If I can get all packed by Wednesday, then mom and dad can come down and help me pack.

No comments: