hi

hi

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

genesis part one

Tuesday

Another sleepy do nothing day. Sort of.

I met BT outside Portland Art Museum at 2pm to go see R. Crumb's Genesis at Portland Art Museum. He illustrated in comic form the entirety of Genesis. It is a pretty epic feat. He even drew it on the back of French comics because he likes that type of paper most of all. The show is the entirety of is original art. It is epic. There was someone dressed as Batman at the show as well. And someone idly remarking that R. Crumb has dabbled in comics a bit. Haha.

I got caught up in reading it. Well bits here and there. Really looked at the art. Lots of whiteout. Lots of fine details. Lots of Crumb looking women reenacting Genesis. Really spectacular show. And it is a good illustration. Not at all mocking of its source material. BT and I didn't talk so much while looking at the work. It was just a time to observe and be thrilled that work of that type (comics) is in such a setting (uber museum). We took a break with the first floor and drew in the sketchbook the museum provided.

"It is amazing that no one has called out hey BT yet," Trillian said as they sketched on the same page.
"Yeah that happens a lot," BT responded.
A minute later they heard a familiar voice.
"Hey BT," said the familiar brunette, notorious for his sketchbooks.
"Hey August."

Really funny how that happened so soon after I remarked on BT's popularity. It is true though. Every where someone knows him. Anyway. After the sketching break, and observing we were only half done with the museum, we decided to call it quits for today. As PNCA students we get free admission to the museum, so no biggie if we want to come back again any time.

We parted ways. I went home. Finished left over thai food. Watched Blade. And for some reason I dozed off around midnight.

Wednesday

Started throwing things away. I need to get boxes. Once I start packing, I can start moving things around and organizing. I don't quite know where to start when it comes to packing. I was thinking of emptying out my closet first. Then books. Go for the things I obviously want and need to keep.

Spent the day inside. Watching stuff. Eating hot wings and cake. Think I'll curl up with a book in a few. Karen and I are going to hang tomorrow, it is also First Thursday. Whoo!

Need to get on packing. I might end up here through Fourth of July.

No comments: