hi

hi

Friday, January 1, 2010

this is going to be a good year

The Party:

So much fun. Katie's crew is a good bunch. They have always been warm and friendly and open to me when I have joined them on previous excursions. This night was no different. Adam, Karen, Katie and I arrived at around 9:30. Rock Band was being played in the living room, Easy the cat was wandering about, and girls were in all sorts of fancy garb. I was in tights and my polka dot jumper with my striped blazer. Got a lot of compliments and some people thought my name was Trinity. Oh well. Chatted up people new and old. Drank booze. Midnight came. I gave Tom a little kiss and a hug. Midnight went. At some point I sat down on the couch to rest, and I fell asleep. I guess the proper term would be passed out, but I wasn't out totally cold. Adam woke me up to tell me that if I ever needed a ride at any point in the night, I should call him (he was a designated driver for a couple parties). I also woke up with a blanket on me. These people are really nice. Eventually I migrated upstairs to a more quiet resting area. Katie got me at 7am and we departed. Walked to the bus stop as daylight arrived. We both brought a change of clothes so without the obvious party makeup, we appeared as any other early morning girls. Our bus driver was really nice. We got off just in time to catch a Max blue line the rest of the way home. Birds were chirping as we both got into our jammies and curled up together and watched Empire Strikes Back till we fell asleep once again.

The Day After/January First:

A groggy day. Karen and Adam stopped by again, because Karen left her stuff here. We talked about the party and the shenanigans I missed out on (apparently there were a lot of them). Then we all went to Marathon Tavern for breakfast. All though it turns out they stop serving their awesome plates of hash browns, eggs, bacon, and toast at 2:30pm. What a gyp. So we had gyros and sandwiches instead. We should have left because it took about a half an hour to prepare our food. Outrageously long.

Katie went to her Dad's. I sat at my chair and watched Skins, drank tea, and watched Doctor Who. I'm excited for the new Doctor. No more Tennant. Hurrah!

My friend Alex, a fella who was in one of the other Japan groups when I traveled there in 2005, will be in Portland in a few days. I haven't seen him since he sat next to me on the plane ride back to Los Angeles. That will be fun.

No comments: