hi

hi

Sunday, December 27, 2009

wake up shy trilly, wake up

Woke up at 7am to the dog barking at something. Went downstairs and whistled for Holly. She came running, I gave her some pets, then closed the door.

Got up at 9:30. Dad made waffles. Mmm. And bacon.

Made another shirt modification, I think I should have used the fabric for a skirt or something. Oh well. Practice is good. I also made an apron with some help from mom. Seam practice and making strap practice and pocket practice. Looks good. Just needs a neck strap and it is all set! And I did all that before showering.

Ma, Pa, and myself went into town. Got tickets for Sherlock Holmes ahead of time and then filled a cart at Costco. So much stuff. So much plastic cutlery and disposable bowls and food and drinks. And fruit leathers! I could eat a hundred of those.

We got to the theater right as they were cleaning up from the last showing. We got to pick our ideal seats, but unfortunately the Army advert gave mom motion sickness, so she moved to the back corner. I stayed put and just watched the movie. It lacked a certain oompf. A quality that just brought it to be a little bit more. There was some wit and neat action, but something about it wasn't right. Acting was good, costumes and music was good. I don't know.

Drove home. It was icy. Unloaded the car. Nathan and Rubie showed up about five minutes after we got home. Chatted. Then ate a modest chicken and polenta dinner. Then hot tub! It was a good soak. A little overheated because the temperature difference between the air and the water was about seventy degrees.

Tomorrow is Grandma Marilyn's memorial.

No comments: