hi

hi

Thursday, December 31, 2009

keep clam


Hurray! Avatar!

The Prius refused to reverse so we took the truck instead. Winslow ferry right on time. Parked in expensive but convenient parking. It was very cold outside, and I only had my coat. Cold but bright.

We went to the Center House in the Seattle Center area. Ma and I ran into Rubie & co. in the women's toilet. Afterwards, they got something to eat and Nate and I got beignets and pop got a hot dog and mom got a muffin and some coffee. Sat in different parts of the place but we all came together to go to the show. We got in line at 11:25 and they let us in to the theater to queue at 12:05 and then they let us into the actual theater at around 12:20. I swapped the glasses they gave me for a smaller pair, and then I had to swap mom's pair for her. Lazy bones! We had really good seats in the center middle of the place. It wasn't one of the domed IMAX, just 6 stories by 80 feet of beautiful screen.

The effects are even more impressive when huge. All the little bits are so much clearer. Flawless computer animation. I noticed so much more. Love Avatar. I'll be sad when I can no longer see it in theaters.

We didn't hang with Rubie's family after the movie. We split and left Nathan behind. Just went back home. No more business in Seattle. Except for Ivar's! Two orders of fish and chips and some fried clam and chowder for pa! They forgot half our order and dad went back to get it. Delicious and had a good time. I love fish and chips soooo much.

Napped most of the way home.

Called Karen to confirm our mini road trip. I am sorry to leave some of my family member so suddenly. They are genuinely hurt by my abrupt departure, but I really don't want to stay here any longer.

Hot tub. Soda. Relaxing.

Ma, Pa, Nate, Rubie, and I looked at home movies for about an hour and a half. So much footage. Lots of film of me being cute and Nathan trying to get attention. We were so adorable.

No comments: