hi

hi

Saturday, January 23, 2010

great night

I had a great night. The type of night where you leave at 7pm and return home at 4am and it is fun all the way through. Whoo!

So I slept way in after last night. Managed to roll out of bed at around 1pm. I love having Friday off. Did the dishes a little bit, ate pasta and bacon, watched stuff, sorted my things out a little. Generally took it easy.

Jay messaged me asking if I wanted to meet her for drinks at the Annex at around 7:30, and I said yeah. The 22nd is the day after my birthday and the day before hers. A good night for joint celebration. I ordered a Terminator Stout while waiting for her to show. At the start, I was the only one there. Jay was the second. As we girl talked the place filled up a little. I ordered a Harvey Wallbanger next, instead of my usual Greyhound. Since the Annex uses fresh ingredients, any drink that needs something squeezed into it is extra delicious.

8:30 rolled around so we wandered over to PNCA for some extended celebration with some other friends over at Yur's. The other friends ended up just being BT and Daniel because other people couldn't make it. Still, the four of us had super fun at Yur's. The boys even bought the girls drinks. I just had whiskey with a beerback, didn't feel like anything fancy. We hung around for a good long while. Daniel ordered mini corndogs, Jay ordered bacon cheese fries. When I went to the bathroom someone threw a beer over the bar. Sucks that I missed that fun, but good it wasn't a PNCA student (this time).

Daniel parted ways after Yur's so we hugged goodbye and off he went. Too inebriated to bike home, BT, Jay and I walked down to his(BT's) studio in the Goldsmith Building. I drank some water and looked at all the neat artist tables in it. Arvie Smith, a painting teacher, has a studio in the same building but it is much larger and only he is in it. I left my bike and helmet and scarf and gloves int he studio and we three went to Mary's Club.

Gus Van Sant apparently wore a Mary's Club jacket on the episode of Entourage he was on. It was a little hole in the wall strip joint with some not run down looking ladies working. I didn't order anything to drink, just sat and chatted and worked on being less drunk. Sat with Jay at the stage for a few numbers but in general I held back. It was fun. Not too loud, just a good place to chill with friends and see some ladies.

After the club, we hung around in BT's studio for a while longer while waiting for Jay's cab to show up. After that, BT and I stayed up for a while longer and talking about sewing and comics and mustache wax. But even that had to come to an end, so at around 3:45am we rode our bikes in opposite directions and returned to our respective homes.

The Internet wasn't working so I was unable to write events right after they happened. Great great time.

1 comment:

kungfutoast said...

Sounds like you had a good night. sorry i didn't show. there where to many bdays to go to. though no one was more important, unfortunately that's the nature of the night, somethings fall through the cracks and sneak through the night. at 4am on bikes.