hi

hi

Friday, January 22, 2010

so many well wishes, I feel really wished well

More Figure Drawing! It seems like I will be getting the same thing I learned a year ago put back into my brain, but that is okay as it is good learning. And the class seems like it will have a different direction.

When Morgan was doing attendance, Kevin exclaimed it was my birthday when it got to my name so Morgan got everyone to sing to me! It was a great way to start the day. I got many well wishes through it all. The good thing about social networking sites is they tell you when friend's birthdays are coming up. Even still, when people pay attention to it. It is awesome. I felt good all the way through.

Class was loose drawing practicing getting things on the page. Catharine was our model. It is a crowded class. In art school, a crowded class is anything over 15 people.

The illustration studio has 24 people in it, including myself. Specifically: Nicole, Kristen, Danny, Beth, Madeline, Amanda, Rachel, Morgaine, Kyle, Jeff, Chase, Jon, Kevin, Dominic, Chelsey, Janessa, Sivonna, Josh, Samala, April, Kenny, Leo, and Cassandra. That is a lot of people. Mia has come in as an assistant. She assisted Kurt during the Pre-College class I took and graduated a few years back. The class is more studio and personal project based, and we will be spread out between several classrooms, so it may not be so crowded. Plus with Mia, it won't all be on Martin. We get to pick the five projects that we will do during the course. We will also make a .pdf of our sketch and development phases and create a book of that...of sorts. We will also get In Design tutorials and some more advanced digital demonstrations. Also guests galore! And open drawing time after 3pm with a model. It is going to be jam packed. I don't know which assignments I am going to do, but the ones in the book segment speak to me a lot.

I treated myself to a burrito for lunch. On the way there I saw JP and he loped toward me and gave me a big hug for my birthday. Saw with Madeline and Kristen in the library and chatted about pop culture and TV. Then back to learning! Martin answered some of our questions and that was pretty much it. Madeline, Beth, and I explored the new space and played ping pong for an hour. We totally have a rad ping pong table to unwind with. I'm not particularly good at it, but it was crazy fun. Just gabbed and we were nerdy and ponged about.

After some tidbits that needed doing at school, I went home. Chilled out. Watched some whatever. Finished my burrito. Later in the evening, Katie and I walked to Fred Meyer and did some shopping. Toilet paper, bacon, supplies for phad thai, and birthday champagne! I never made bacon for myself, so Katie taught me how. Now I can eat bacon whenever I want! Super easy and delicious.

Adam is in town, so he, Katie, and I drank bubbly and ate spicy food and watched Tampopo. It is a lovely Japanese film from 1985 about the joy of eating and food and all the forms it comes in. It was a perfect delight to watch. Bizarre at times, but great. Llyw suggested it for me so I was happy to find it was in PNCA's library. I ate pretty much constantly through the whole thing, including a slice of cake I bought at Freddies. Mmm food.

Food, friends, and a good movie. That is a great birthday in my mind. Couldn't have asked for more. 22 and 2010 are looking great.

No comments: