hi

hi

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

narcissism ahoy

I slept with my hair in braids so it would be super cute and crimped and all that. And it was!

Got to class on time. The Figure with Morgan Walker. Technically a two parter class, but not really. I took the first part about a year and a half ago.

People in my class: Michael, Jon, Kevin, Amanda, Rachel, April, Andrea, other Justin, and some other cool cats. We spent and hour going over the syllabus and introducing ourselves. We had minor story time with Morgan. During break I showed off my new 'do round school. But it isn't all about my hair (though that would be nice).

After break we got right down to drawing. A couple five minute poses, a 30 minute, and a 10 minute. Just to see how we draw. I focused on the proportions but it was hard to break the contour practice. Still, it was good.

Next up was Intermediate Screenprinting. In class are: Ali, Diana, Robin, Patsy, Tabitha, Deana, Junko, and Casey. I might be forgetting someone, but a total chick fest none the less. We got the standard safety lecture and Christy Wycoff, the instructor, told us at length about some of the more special processes we could utilize in the advanced class. Thankfully I have three good quality screens so stretching and procuring more isn't an issue. Just need to figure out first project. Probably nothing too big, as we will be getting demos.

Sat with Lacey in the library during lunch. Chatted about holidays. They shifted the couches around. Our favorite nook is all different now. Oh well.

I got a huge metal drawer now! For my paper! Moving on up, yee haaw. Class got out early. Printed some stuff. Chatted with Bryan, BT, and Melissa about how smoking is banned from the loading dock and now they have to do it at an uncovered corner of the school. Also the looks on their faces when they found out our illustration class is going to be 25 strong were priceless. It will be something to watch how Martin handles us.

Went to Safeway. Got the stuff that turns toilet water blue, two things of toothpaste, a new brush, dish soap, a peppermint patty, and something else I forget. I was really working my tube of toothpaste to get the remainder of stuff out.

Pasta. TV. Relaxing. The tired is catching up to me fast. I have two 8am days, followed by 11am, then another 8am. I can do it.

Tomorrow is my first ever Theory & Practice class. I haven't taken the prerequisite 200 level but I don't really care. I've been in 300 level since my second semester, and Daniel Duford knows me so I'm not worried.

Katie helped make the invite page for my birthday party. It is going to be at Blue Moon Bar & Grill on Saturday from 5-8pm. NW Glisan & 21st. Shiny themed!

No comments: