hi

hi

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

early gifting

It was quite nice to sleep in. But I will be up at 7am again tomorrow.

Homeland! Theory & Practice! Lots of reading and some presentations and a couple projects. And more reading and research. It is basically an intense focus on studying a specific subject matter and showing that you get it. Homeland is about America. It is about its landscape and a sense of home and place and neighborhoods and gardens and The West. It is a lot of stuff, and I am quite excited for it. Tabitha, Phil (who grew a beard), Joey, Acey, and Matt are in the class, as well as a handful of semi familiar faces and new people. We looked at a slideshow and there was a Breugel included in it. Remember all the Bruegel's we saw dad?

The class was a lot of explanation thrown at us, but it will all get sifted out as the class progresses. I am looking forward to it. I ate my packed lunch with Kristen and Tabitha outside Laughing Planet. We talked about boys mostly. Girl drama would fill a thousand volumes and there will always be more. Rather amazing I think.

After lunch we go into pairs and learned about one another and where we come from. Kristen and I teamed up and we both presented one another. Two Kitsap girls talking about Kitsap, but we both have very different Kitsap experiences. Port Orchard/Bremerton/Silverdale vs Seabeck.

Class got out early, so Tabby, Kris, and I headed to Powell's to check out the prices of the required reading. I snapped up the cheapest copies of Ecotopia and Sometimes a Great Notion. I let Kristen have the cheaper Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, but there was an edition for $7. We parted ways. On the way back I stopped at Josephine's Dry Goods and picked up some black thread, safety pins, and more needles. Never have enough needles. I continued to spend money and ordered some books that came with high recommendations. Sewing books. But that should be the end of my birthday splurging. Until Karen, Lacey and I go to Fabric Depot.

Got home. Borrowed Lacey's vacuum and cleaned our floors. Holy cow the apartment looks so much better. Our dirty floors were really holding it back. Amazing what a difference it makes (probably not amazing to people who are much cleaner than we are).

More figure drawing tomorrow and yay Illustration!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you! I hope you have a great day and great year. Grandma Eleanor says that fabric shop in Portland she sent you those coupons for is better and bigger than Jo-anne's. It is a fabric super store.
~mumm

Seiji said...

Rejoice! Celebrate! And drink, damn it, drink!

Enjoy yourself, as so many others have.