hi

hi

Sunday, January 24, 2010

best birthday EVER!!

Yesterday (the party)

I made cupcakes and tidied up the apartment. Adam made some truly awesome burgers for lunch. It had bacon and stuff in them. And avocado. Delicious. Yum. The sink drain got clogged from all the intense cooking. I borrowed a plunger and unstuck it, and vacuumed again. Had to have it looking nice for the after party.

The theme was shiny so I put on my sparkly striped tights, my hand made skirt, a black top, and my super sparkly over shirt. I looked great. Karen, Adam, Robin, Diana, and I made our way to Blue Moon at fifteen till 5. We arrived a little after, but were the first ones there. We took one of the long tables in the back because it was near other tables that were prime to take over more space once people arrived. Harmony and her fiancee Peter were the first to show. It was during happy hour so cheap food was bought on mass. And I didn't put down a single penny.

While only scheduled for 5-8, we stuck around till 9. We ended up taking all three tables. People who came: Diana, Robin, Karen, Adam, Harmony, Peter, Peter's brother Paul, Cherish, Isaiah, Sandra, Sandra's pal Alice (if I remember correctly), Kristen, Madeline, Justin, Daniel H., BT, Katie, Nikki and her baby Elliot. I think that is it...

Kristen gave me flowers. I've never received flowers before. And I got several cards. Madeline gave me a fake cupcake. I was ordered a real slice of cake and everyone sang happy birthday to me. Everyone was really social with one another. I moved around a lot because I didn't want to ignore any of my most awesome friends, many of whom were sparkly. Elliot, the baby, was adorable and awesomely behaved. He just stared at everyone and was cute as a button. Everyone just went into full "awww look at the baaaby" mode.

We were nerdy, we were sociable, we were not that loud, we were arty, and just in general we were awesome. The atmosphere was perfect and things could not have worked out better. After I blew out my candle, I was pressed for a speech so all I said that having such awesome friends is all anyone should want from life. Without a doubt, the best birthday I have had.

After the long dinner, everyone that was left at the table (Robin, Diana, BT, Karen, Adam, Peter, Paul, Harmony, Madeline, Daniel, Justin, and Kristen) returned to my place. Some biked, some carpooled with those who had cars. Some people made booze runs. Everyone fit in the apartment in a great way. My living room isn't that big but it didn't feel overly crowded. I put in Labyrinth on the projector because we are all nerds and that is a good movie to chat over. I had a beer and Diana made me a drink that was a little bit creamy for my taste. Katie came back from another birthday party and had a balloon. It entertained me very much.

Between movies I drank a little bit more, and that little more I shouldn't have consumed. So I got a little sick, but in a respectable in the bathroom way and not...all over myself or on my guests sort of way. That sucked, but thankfully I was in my own apartment so it was easy to just say good night to everyone and fall asleep. Apparently everyone stuck around through Star Wars (hopefully to sober up before they drove home). I was out.

Today (the day after yesterday)

Karen and Adam had crashed here. Adam made us fluffy eggs and hollandaise sauce drizzled over bacon and toast. I felt ill so I couldn't finish mine. It was gourmet though. I mostly sat around in a daze and watched stuff and napped and Karen and I watched some Kids in the Hall. I ate some crackers and drank ginger ale. I am still way tired. It should make getting to bed early tonight no big thing though.

Way fun party. Lots of awesome friends. Piles of them. I wish I could say more about all the happenings. Good times.

No comments: