hi

hi

Friday, January 29, 2010

end of week

999th blog post!

We did wet media in The Figure. That is ink and brush and bamboo pen. I couldn't find my pen so I just used a brush, but Moran whittled the other end of my brush down and made it double ended! I wasn't too enthused by the things I did. The poses were very short so by the time a layer of ink wash had dried, it would be time to start over with a new pose. Oh well.

Illustration was an In Design demo and meet with Martin day. Mia gave us a demo about In Design, the program used for layout and book design. We made mock source book pages. They are pages that go into illustration books that are used for reference for hiring artists. So we made them for ourselves just to have practice. I only had the images on hand to make mine, but I am pretty happy with it. Large, bold and cropped.

I bought some lean cuisine and a root beer for lunch. Mmm. My semester plan meeting with Martin went really fast. Even though I finished my work early, I still hung around till 5. Chatted with Karen for a bit.

I'm working on another zine. Gave my classmates bits of paper to draw on, and once I get enough I will put them together in a silkscreened zine! Whoo!

I have shin splints real bad, probably from yesterdays hill filled day.

Got home. Ate food. Watched TV. Poured through my sewing patterns book. Started drawing designs. Getting ahead of myself a bit though. Need to get fabric.

Sent out some thank you cards as well. Yay!

Oh and did laundry. Tomorrow I shall rest and read. Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on writing so many blogs. I'm sorry for your shin splints - I get them too and I know what you are going through. There's not much you can do about it except have good shoes.
Get some good shoes. No more of those flat footed things.

Dad