hi

hi

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

proposal x 2

Still ill, mostly just nauseous.

BT's B is for Beard was the first proposal of the day. 125 was stuffed with people. Not Jason Powell stuffed, but still really full. There may have just been more room. His thesis project is that he is making an alphabet book about facial hair. It was a great presentation with wonderful design. Half of the followup questions were about facial hair, and the other half were more productive.

This year I am participating in the Holiday Art Sale. For a weekend, the commons becomes a selling place for artwork. In exchange for three hours of minding the sale, you can put as much properly labeled and packaged art as you want. It needs to be put on cardboard boards with cellophane, which is time consuming. I put in about sixty things, but 25 were the comic which I did not board. It took a lot of time to wrap my prints. If it all sells, I will make over $300. I don't think it will, but I should sell something. I have a wide enough net and David Lynch is always a crowd pleaser (as is Luna). Took a break to eat, and apply emulsion to my screen. After that I resumed packaging.

At 2pm was Taylor's proposal. He is designing merchandise and a music video for local band: Wizard Rifle. He said "uhh" a lot, but in general he got his point across. It is amazing to me the difference in what different majors present. The concepts are different and what the artist wants to refer to changes.

Back to packaging. Finished at around 4pm, and tired and icky feeling I just went home.

Watched Peter Greenaway's The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and her Lover. It was colorful but weird.

Now I'm watching So You Think You Can Dance. Colorful and delightful.

No comments: