hi

hi

Friday, December 4, 2009

champagne: the choice of 310

Adam is in town for the night so he totally bought us Champagne and we had a great night so keep with me for a minute here, kay?

I took the shuttle to school this morning. Just didn't bother touching my bike at all. I'll deal with it later, not now. Deal with it when I have the time. The shuttle got to me to Jay's proposal in time. She is doing her thesis on the world of ASL. She is doing some larger illustrations and a book to accompany them. She got through her presentation okay, a small case of the uhs but in general it was good. I like seeing all the different ways Illustration majors illustrate their thesis presentation powerpoints. It is amazing to think how this blog will, hopefully, cover my whole four years at PNCA. Step by step, day by day. A whole college education in one blog (all though not quite because I don't go into the best of detail).

After Jay's, I went to the library.

Oh I think I forgot to mention yoga yesterday. I did yoga, yeah. It was just Bonnie the substitute who sounds line Winona Ryder and myself for the session. She left the window blinds up, so I just waved to the passers by I recognized. It was a good session as I got a lot of help from her.

So I found out that in the library I would have to review with Martin(during lunch) my stage one for the final project. The final project is a biography of someones life, so I am going to work on Stephen Fry because he is awesome. I was stuck so I admitted to him I was stuck and he helped. It was nice.

Oh, before that I saw Anthony Roberto's thesis proposal. I knew he was an amazing artist, but by god is he truly spectacular. An amazing etcher with just this depth to his work. Wow. I have one of his pieces on my wall, bought from the last Holiday Art Sale. I was so happy to find something of his for $15. He is doing something about the apocalypse. It is cool.

After lunch, I spent the rest of my hours in the print lab. I kept quiet and did my drawing fluid final layer and my emulsion and washed it out with a sponge. Other people used the power washers and that I found to be really disrespectful. Seriously? I behave and you guys use the noisy stuff while someone is doing their thesis? Or maybe it wasn't even in the room that was above the washout room. Anyway, yeah. Got my final layer printed and it looks GREAT. I am finished with my printmaking thesis. Go me. One down, threeish to go.

Waited with Junko for the shuttle but it never came so I took the streetcar home. Adam and Katie arrived right as I finished making myself dinner, which sucked because Adam then made dinner. Katie left to go to a friend's birthday, Adam and I watched the new episode of QI and then we walked to Safeway. At Safeway he bought Champagne and orange juice and we went back to my place. We drank flutes of delicious bubbly, watched Hulu, then Katie returned and we all stayed up and drank and chatted. She also gave us a run through of her thesis. Should be good.

I slept with my hair in braids and I used hairspray in the morning and it stayed big and poofy and wavy and all that goodness. I'm a big fan of big hair (on myself).

No comments: