hi

hi

Monday, November 30, 2009

box

I set my alarm so that I would get up early and finish my box with dad. Unfortunately the time on the clock was twelve hours off. Still, I managed to get up to the garage by 10. We got the pieces sanded and planed the places where the hinges would go. When it was glued, we took a food break. Waffles! Dad made waffles.

Pa and Ma puttered around outside while I watched the second half of the Nazi Art Theft documentary. Soon it was time to finish the box. Sanded down the edges and sides, drilled holes and then nailed the side panels in. Did more sanding. The box for the portfolio looks great. It is a delightful mini briefcase. Now I want a larger one for some purpose. It’s very light and charming.

We three took a fifteen minute hot tub soak and then it was time to hop and scoot to Tacoma. Departed at 4:59 and arrived a little after 6. I don’t like cutting things short, but I got on the train safely. It is a booked one, but they often are. Pretty uneventful ride. Worked on editing my short story. The movie was Julie & Julia again.

The green max was about an 8 minute wait, so I just strolled to catch a red or blue one. If I am going to wait for a max, I'm going to wait for the one that takes me directly to my place, not the one that takes me to a transfer where I have to wait again.

There was some Ecoli found in the water on the west side of Portland, but apparently it has been taken care of. The first thesis proposal I go to isn't till noon tomorrow. Sleep in!!

No comments: