hi

hi

Thursday, December 3, 2009

bike misery



My bike tire went flat at school again. So I borrowed the student services pump and filled it, but it was flat when I got done with Agnes' thesis. So I had to streetcar it home. Once home, I couldn't get a good enough seal on the nodule to fill my bike tire with air. I tried for an hour, but no matter what, it would either not inflate, or go flat again in a minute. I can't keep an inflation to tell where the leak is, and I can't inflate it because the bike pump I was given is totally crap. It cannot get a seal, no matter how much I am told it is a quality pump. It isn't. It's crap. The school one worked perfectly and told me the pressure and everything. I'm afraid the horrid pump mangled the little inflation node and that is where the leak is coming from. I do not want to buy my third tube this year, nor a new pump. Though I think I will have to do both. I did not need this right now. Some time this weekend, I'll wheel my bike to a shop and talk to them. See if something in the tire is damaging tubes or what. Gahhh.

I wore aunties shirt today. Got lots of compliments. First proposal was... uhh. Oh I got to school for lunch first. Enchilada day. Sat with Liz while some girl did some horrible thesis defense that was her public speaking awkwardly and introducing a band. I heard she failed last year's thesis as well.

Lacey's proposal was amazing. She is doing a small, wordless comic about dealing with depression, it is called Dealing With Dealing With. Her proposal was just, wow. No words on the slides and no cards in front of her. She didn't stutter or anything. Nailed it. We (Robyn, Rachel, and her friend Liz) waited with her while the panel deliberated and then talked to her. We were there when she was all happy after because hers got accepted. Whooo! Go Lacey. You may remember her as my partner in graphic novel crime last semester.

Loitered around school. Inflated my tire. Photocopies.

Agnes, formerly Amanda, had her defense. She was dressed quite nice. Her illustration thesis was five large oil painted pieces which depicted the childhood horror she saw in fairy tales. Her paintings were massive and quite well executed for only having had minimal practice with oil before. As usual, reading from the notes made her a little stiff but when she got into the discussion she was splendid.

As said before, returned to find my bike flat. I just shrugged my shoulders in defeat and headed to the print studio. Morgan was finishing up his print and Danielle was cutting paper. She was still cutting paper when I finished my third color. It looks okay, hard to tell without the final color. I went a little more red than I was planning.

Walked my bike to the streetcar and walked it home. Struggled with it. Took a break. Struggled some more.

Katie was working on an electrical piece and the apartment was full of current and I felt funky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the valve in the stem is damaged, the valve can be replaced. Oh - I'm back over in Holland for a week Onshore and offshore.

Dad